Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Northstar RE: Teen Mom

I felt this topic deserved it's own post :)

I am addicted to these shows (16 and pregnant, Teen Mom).

I felt like the fact that Janelle is signing over custody is heartbreaking. Her mother used some reprehensible tactics, IMO.

I feel for Leah. I can't even imagine.

I think Jo and his family have double standards for KL. More than likely, if he wanted to d...ate, it would be okay. But the minute she tries to...I understand why she snuck around, the way he talks to her and treats her.

Chelsea is an idiot.

Re: Northstar RE: Teen Mom

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am watching it now on the DVR. I will have more to say later. :)  I just think the one girl that is so mean to her mom is a real c u next tuesday.  How can you act like that to your mom?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I say that I wish that I had DVR? Dad won't spring the extra $4 a month for it. Grr. I missed it last night, but thanks for the synopsis:) I'm sure I'll catch it sometime this week.... or over the weekend. That's when I usually end up watching it.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think Jenelle should have custody of her child.  She is a parent when it is convenient for her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011

what DVR is only $4 extra a month?!?! WTF! I thought it was like 15! I gotta get DVR now lol.

BTW paprika, Teen Mom is on ONDEMAND so you dont need to DVR it.

As for what I think of Teen Mom:

It's so not fair for Kaitlyn as to what's going on. I understand Jo's parents point in what's good for the baby and the baby shouldn't be introduced to every guy she dates but at the same time, she can't be a hermit. I wish she could just move out so she can do what she wants. I also agree that if Jo dates no one would see a problem with that. I think Jo is a douche and needs to f'ing grow up. I really hate him.

I don't think Janelle is a bad parent. I don't think she should be going out every night but she still takes care of her kid. Her mom is the problem. Her mom isn't letting Janelle be a mom. Her mom automatically assumes Janelle can't do it before giving her a chance so she just does it anyway. I think Janelle's mom thinks she can raise Jace into a better kid than she did Janelle like it's her second chance.

I also feel really bad for Leah. I hope everything will be okay for her kids.

Chelsea is an idiot. Her dad nailed it on the head last week. She misses the idea of him not Adam himself.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    >>It's so not fair for Kaitlyn as to what's going on. I understand Jo's parents point in what's good for the baby and the baby shouldn't be introduced to every guy she dates but at the same time, she can't be a hermit. I wish she could just move out so she can do what she wants. I also agree that if Jo dates no one would see a problem with that. I think Jo is a douche and needs to f'ing grow up. I really hate him.

I don't think Janelle is a bad parent. I don't think she should be going out every night but she still takes care of her kid. Her mom is the problem. Her mom isn't letting Janelle be a mom. Her mom automatically assumes Janelle can't do it before giving her a chance so she just does it anyway. I think Janelle's mom thinks she can raise Jace into a better kid than she did Janelle like it's her second chance.

I also feel really bad for Leah. I hope everything will be okay for her kids.

Chelsea is an idiot. Her dad nailed it on the head last week. She misses the idea of him not Adam himself.<<

Cosigned,
    Jennifer.

Holy hell, you hit that nail on the head. Janelle's mom reminds me of how my mom was when my daughter was born. She hated the father and didn't think we could do anything for ourselves with her. She constantly goes so far as to tell me that 'if it wasn't for her, A wouldn't be here' so she 'has more rights to her than anyone else'. Yeah. Lovely, mom.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Northstar, you and I are on exactly the same page, esp when it comes to Jennelle.  I think her mom won't let her be a parent- did you see her walk in and her mom automatically took the baby to go get him ready for bed?  Ummm, that's her child, not yours- let J get him ready for bed.  I think she needs some guidance, that's all, and I think both her and her mom are at fault when it comes to the relationship and yelling and all that- a relationship is 50/50.  Personally, I see a hurt, lost little girl who is trying to fight the world and just doesn't know how, and has no one to show her how.

The preview show Leah and Cory getting married later in the season.  I so hope it happens.  They really would work good together if they just tried to see past the drama.  I hope that they work it out, not necessarily for the sake of the twins, but for each other.

Chelsea- idiot.  One more time, I will say it.  Idiot.

KL- I think she is trying, so hard, and has no guidance.  Her mom isn't there, she has nowhere else to go to live, and she's trying to make her son first priority by living there still- otherwise Jo wouldn't be in his life, we all know that.  I firmly believe the way he was talking to her was verbal abuse, and the fact that his parents didn't say anything makes me sick.  I liked them on 16 and pregnant, too.  She made a mistake taking the baby once.  But to be honest, what's it matter?  There are tons of single moms who go on dates and introduce boyfriends to their kids.  Why should she be crucified for doing something tons of single moms do?
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

I just think Jenelle has a lot of growing up to do.  She told the lawyer last night she would stop smoking pot if she got custody of her child.  She should have stopped when she found out she was having a kid.  If her mom wasn't there to take care of the baby I think she would have gave him up for adoption. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited Leah and Cory get married.  I really liked them together. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    I hope Leah and Cory get married too. They are two really good kids and would be really good together.

MBR - I did notice how as soon as Janelle got in her mom took him to bed. Why couldn't she let J do it? She wants J to be more responsible and act like a mom but how can she do it when the mom doesn't let her?

This situation sounds exactly like DH's cousin who's 18. She was young and irresponsible and still is but she tried. She tried really hard to raise her daughter but her sister and her mom didn't let her. So now she's down in DE with her bf and doesn't see the baby ever. Her mom is the legal guardian and either she or her sister will adopt the baby.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    NorthStar I've been the other side of it.  A close family friend has split custody of their grandson with the other grandparents.  Both parents were in and out of rehab and thought whenever they came back they could have their child, until it was time for them to go out or if they needed something for the baby.  They expected their parents (the baby's grandparents) to just drop their plans to watch the baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards