Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Drexelbrook or Presidential Caterers?

Hello ladies, Has anyone had their reception at Drexelbrook in Drexel Hill or the Presidential Caterer in Norristown? The prices and inclusive packages are about the same, but we are not able to decide which one we should pick. We like both. If anyone had good or bad experiences for either, please let me know – so maybe it’s easier to pick :) Thank you!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Drexelbrook or Presidential Caterers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A former coworker of mine hosted her daughter's wedding at Drexelbrook and raved about it.  I think they had a great time, and the atmosphere/package was just what they wanted.  They were loving some dessert station with a chocolate fountain.  Sorry I don't have more details.
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This isn't super helpful, but I think the nice stairway and chandelier near the front windows of Presidential Caterers would be great for pictures!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This probably isn't super helpful either but I grew up in East Norriton and had school banquets at Presidential.  That was a long time ago but I don't remember being overly impressed.  Plus it's on a busy road. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my bridesmaids was married at The Presidential... and it was okay.  When we were driving there, I blew right past it and ended up in a section of Norristown I DID NOT WANT TO BE IN.  But the food was okay. The cake was really good.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    glad2babrideglad2babride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My work holiday party was at Drexelbrook this past year.  It wasn't a wedding, but the space, service and food was great. I'm sure they would be even better for a wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister and her boyfriend were just at a wedding at the Drexelbrook and said the food was not good. They could not eat their meals. Now, that could have just been what the bride selected. I think they said it was a chicken & salmon duet. However, my sister's boyfriend eats like he is a trash compactor so if he finds something inedible it must not be good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Presidental Caterers like 10 years ago, and I remember it being OK.  I've been to a bunch of events (not weddings) at Drexelbrooke and I've never had a complaint.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My prom was also at the Presidential and it was okay.  I've heard nicer things about Drexelbrook.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Friends had their wedding at the Drexelbrook and we enjoyed ourselves, although the food wasn't the greatest we've had...I have no real complains overall, though, as a guest :)
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My long ago ex-bf had his senior prom at Drexelbrook, it's a pretty space they have a nice terrace off the side of one of the rooms that's great for cocktail hour. I can't remember the food but the space was really nice. I would not reccomend Presidential just on the basis it is on a really busy corner, there's a Mcdonald's across the street as well as a car wash and like someone said before it's easy to fly pass it, plus there's not a whole lot of outdoor space for pictures there...but I can't speak of the food or service.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kroagnon5000kroagnon5000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to multiple events at Presidential. Personally, while I liked it for holiday parties, I can't see getting married there. The food and space is nice, but there's just something about it that would make me not recommend it over Drexelbrook. I've been to several conferences at Drexelbrook - and it seems like a very nice venue.I haven't had any of their food, but the grounds are certainly nice. And, it just looks like a wedding would fit better there. 

I probably wasn't helpful...sorry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    feinicstinefeinicstine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I haven't done anything at either location, but I do work right near Presidential Caterers.  I went to a Bridal Expo there and it was gorgeous.  I also know my dad's company has their holiday party there every year and they always have a really nice experience.

The one thing I would caution you on, is that it literally is right on the corner of 202 and Germantown Pike.  There are huge, very pretty windows in the front of it, but you can see the strip mall right across the street.  I'm not sure if the landscaping fills in at all later in the year though (I was there in Jan).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Thanks so much for your inputs. We've decided to go with Drexelbrook and are waiting to sign the contract now. :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ken4poohken4pooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

My best friend had her reception at Drexelbrook and it was fantastic. The food was good, and the service was even better!!! They did a phenomenal job. Someone at the reception had a few too many signature drinks and they knocked the top two layers of the  cake over before my friend and hubby could even cut it. Low and behold before they could get upset, the catering staff had replaced the layers and flowers and had the mess cleaned up all within 5 minutes, it was like magic  the cake looked like it had never been touched;-) I highly recommend Drexelbrook.

Goin to the Chapel and we're gonna get maaaaarrrriiieeeddd.....yippee!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards