July 2012 Weddings
Options

Which fabric do you like best?

My wedding is formal and even though my BM are wearing long dresses I don't want them too hot. Which fabric do you feel is lightweight but not too thin that it looks cheap or wrinkles easily?

Organza, satin, chiffon, or lace?

Any other suggestions I haven't listed?
Wedding date July 7, 2012

Re: Which fabric do you like best?

• Options

Taffeta is the best it is so light weight and so comfortable my wedding dress and BM dresses are made out of it.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Chiffon is probably your best bet.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    My dress is satin and it's very light and it feels cool to the touch, I LOVE IT! My BMs have some satin and something else (not sure what the fabric is), but it is light weight too.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chiffon or organza. My BM dresses are chiffon and are very lightweight. My dress is organza, same deal. We're getting married outside and fabric was very important to me, which was why I went with these two.
    Photobucket
  • Options

Chiffon is your best bet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    chiffon...that's what my BMs are wearing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    My girls will be in chiffon... It felt the lightest IMO and they thought it was the most comfortable.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My BMs are wearing charmeuse.  It is SO lightweight! I think chiffon is a good choice as well.  My dress is organza.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    i think chiffon is the lightest, but really, i would recommend having your BMs try on various options so they can see what they prefer.  many designers carry many of the options you listed and then some, but each designer will use different types of fabric with different feels.
  • Options
    Mine is organza and I'm in love with the feel of it. I think you may find it's a bit pricey for BMs, though, so I would recommend you chiffon, like PPs have said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would say chiffon as well. Thats what my bridesmaids are wearing. They even fought me on having short dresses versus long in the heat.
    I would definitely suggest chiffon. My dress is tulle, which is not super heat friendly, and not usually used in bridesmaid dresses anyway...
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I believe my BM's dresses are a cotton/satin blend and were really breathable and lightweight.  They are also short dresses.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think every dress will differ regardless, but just from what I've worn previously (and I swear all 4 times I've been a BM, the weddings have been been RECORD hot days!) chiffon seemed the most breathable to me. My (2) satin dresses were the hottest and most unforgiveable. So, when looking for my BM dresses, chiffon was my 1st choice! I hear organza is similar???
    ~ES~
  • Options
    chiffon will be cool
  • Options
    Chiffon or organza
  • Options
    If you're getting married outside I would say go with organza or chiffon. If all of your wedding events are indoors, your only limit is what you like best.Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards