July 2012 Weddings
Options

Finished my seating chart!

I'm a huge nerd, and way overly excited about everything, and definitely way too proud of this creation...

...but I just finished my first draft of a seating chart (pre-RSVPs...at my parent's request), and I'm feeling quite accomplished tonight!

Like I said...way too excited. :D

Re: Finished my seating chart!

• Options
    Do you have 29 tables?  How many people are you having?
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    vikingmom806vikingmom806 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Yep! 29 round tables that seat 8 people each (or 9 if one of them is a small child). It's insane. We have 238 guests as of right now. We could have had a few less tables, but there were some people that just cannot sit together. Family drama, you know?
  • Options
    Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Better to have 29 happy tables than a few unhappy ones!  Well, good job on seating 238 people!  Amazing!

Edit:  I'm having about 100-110 at our wedding and I am SO NOT looking forward to making a seating chart.  At all.
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Thanks much!

It was really hard to motivate myself to do it, but once I got to it, I was kind of obsessed, and just got it done. Took me about three days, in little chunks. But I made the chart with my wedding colors and little personalized touches, so it made it a bit more fun!

Good luck, sending lots of motivation your way!!!
  • Options
    OMG; so you inspired me to try...and I must say I'm already stressed out about it!  And it looks like I'm going to do a sweetheart table (which I wanted to avoid) because my WP is better broken up amongst other guests that they are close to instead of all together!  See what you did Tongue Out !
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Oh no! I sorry. :p

Is your wedding party better seated with other guests because of significant others? I have a few couples in my wedding party with boyfriends/girlfriends, so I just let them sit at the head table along with the wedding party. It's a big head table, but it still works.

I also saw someone on another board who did a sweetheart table, with the wedding party at separate tables next to the sweetheart table, and another bride had her, her groom, the best man, and maid of honor at the head table, and the rest of the wedding party seated with other guests. There's lots of ways to do it! :)

I hope it gets a little less stressful soon! And thanks for all your support, you've made me smile a lot today!
  • Options
    BmoreBride311BmoreBride311 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm confused, how can you do it pre-rsvps? Won't you likely have to re-do a good bit of it, even if just 1 or 2 ppl at a table can't come? Or have ppl already told you if they can make it or not?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nancy, I know what you mean about WP. My Best Man used to date one of my Bridesmaids, who will be bringing her new boyfriend. OY. Oh and he and one of my other bridesmaids haven't really spoken in years. Right now we're all sitting together and they have promised to behave. But I may change that because its just to much drama.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's very cute.  Are the pieces "movable" somehow and then you will just relocate people if you get a lot of no's? 

Anniversary
  • Options
    very cool, but i agree with bmore - even if just a couple people can't come, won't that require a ton of switching around and most likely require you to delete whole tables? we have approx. 260 on our guest list but are anticipating that at least the normal 20-ish percent won't be able to make it.  
  • Options
    I am so not looking forward to seating charts - and I'm only expecting about 60 people at our reception. -_- I'm so tempted to just go without. I've only been to one wedding with a seating chart and many without..and all but the last one seemed to go okay without a seating chart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cute! But yeah like pps mentioned, more likely than not you'll have 50ish people who won't be coming. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I told my parents that I would most likely have to do a lot of switching, but 80% of the people invited have already confirmed they are coming, and my parents wanted to check it over ahead of time to make sure their friends are seated where they want them seated. Silly parents. :p

The pieces are all moveable (used the gooey blue sticky stuff), and the people that are unlikely to come/haven't RSVP'd are on end tables or back tables that will be easy to delete without ruining everything.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_finished-my-seating-chart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:926905f4-5be6-443f-92ab-7462b7285cd4Post:1881ec8f-5a31-43c2-855d-0c1aa51bda56">Re: Finished my seating chart!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I told my parents that I would most likely have to do a lot of switching, but 80% of the people invited have already confirmed they are coming, and my parents wanted to check it over ahead of time to make sure their friends are seated where they want them seated. Silly parents. :p The pieces are all moveable (used the gooey blue sticky stuff), and the people that are unlikely to come/haven't RSVP'd are on end tables or back tables that will be easy to delete without ruining everything.
    Posted by jelliepopeney[/QUOTE]

You are so organized. Phew.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards