Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

RA*

how come those invites are so expensive. I didnt pay NEARLY that for my crazy coaster invites.  I paid not even 300. They were so cheap and so awesome. What kinda stuff are you looking for?

Re: RA*

• a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Butting in - That is WAY too much to be spending on invites! We are getting 200 printed and it will probably be around 250, if that.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I mean... they're custom invites... but there isn't a lot to them! 

It's a 5X7 card with a purple damask pattern in the background, a post card for RSVP, and thank you cards to match.

We cut the inner envelope... we are doing post cards for the RSVPs, so there isn't an envelope for those. 

The pricing breakdown was around $450 for the ink and paper, $200 for her time, and $120 for envelopes.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Look for envelopes online. They are not that expensive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    I emailed my dad and said basically "Uhh... so she's charging me $800 for the invites... $1300 if I want metallic ink, which I don't want, and that is about $300 more than I thought they were going to be." 

I also emailed her and said that I need to figure some things out since the price was significantly higher than I was expecting, and now I have to figure out how I'm coming up with $800.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    If I might butt in too.... those are expensive, but its not unheard of for people to drop a lot on invites.  For example, my parents were VERY picky about invitations and I know they spent over $1,000 for them.  If we had done the invites ourselves, they would have been a lot cheaper.  But my mother took us to a fancy paper store and met with their fancy invitation designer and the pricetag was hefty. Don't get me wrong, they were gorgeous.  But not cheap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really love my invites... I'm hoping that my dad will help me with the cost.  I hate to ask him, because he's already helping us so much already... but I just can't afford that on my own at the moment.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the same gals as B2B - and for 100 invites, rsvp, envelopes (with printing), plus menu cards and place cards - it's all just over $600. Custom design, shipping, the whole shebang.

Did she give you a quote before designing them?

(PS sorry for butting in)
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yup I would talk to my company.

nestingproject.com
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, I think I misunderstood the situation, I didn't realize you were paying for them in full yourselves.  Or I thought your parents picked them out and you were paying for them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I agree, I think you should buy your own envelopes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.envelopemall.com/
    Try looking at this site for envelopes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    Do you HAVE to use this person or can you go back to your original plan?

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No I was pressured into using this woman by my dad... she is a friend of his.  And she didn't give me a price beforehand.  I really didn't have any idea it was going to be this costly going in.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    >>No I was pressured into using this woman by my dad... she is a friend of his.  And she didn't give me a price beforehand.  I really didn't have any idea it was going to be this costly going in. <<

any way you could maybe talk to B2B's designers and see if they'd quote you for something? Or even check with WPD and see what they would quote you for something similar. This way, you could get back to her and see what exactly you're paying for. I'd feel really uncomfortable, honestly, using her without a price quote... were you able to see her work before you guys agreed on her making them?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards