Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Valley Forge Park- Pictures..... Permit needed?

I am planning on getting pictures at the Valley Forge Park but someone asked me if I needed to get a permit to get them... I realized that I don't know! Has anyone gotten pictures there?? Did you get a permit??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Valley Forge Park- Pictures..... Permit needed?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i've done model shoots and stuff there and i've never needed a permit.  you can't really close it off to the public, but other than that you should be fine.  those kinds of places are usually pretty god as long as you're not selling the shots or in some other way making a profit from them.  hope that helps.  also hope this isn't considered breaking some kind of vendor rules.  didnt seem like it was pertinent.
    Photobucket

september siggy challenge! my colours!

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other's eyes but looking outwards at the same direction." - The Little Prince Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i am interested in this answer too. I am planning on getting my pictures there in November.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went to their website and it says "Yes, you need a permit to have pictures taken. The Special Use Permit will insure another bride or an event is not permitted to be the same area. And it costs $75!!!! I think this is insane. I will go to another location if another bride is there for $75!
  • Options
    luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took my Trash the Dress photos there and didn't have any problems.  I've rarely seen a Park Ranger or anyone out in the park that could enforce this kind of thing.  I do know you need special permits to take pictures near the chapel and they will enforce those.  Other than that, you might be ok without one...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All the photogs we met with and all the other brides who we have talked to about locations and about Valley Garden Park all said no cost, and they had no issues at all.  I wouldn't worry about it, esp since so many people use it for photos (many of the girls on DE board go there, esp for E-Pics).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy, where did you find that info?  I googled it and looked everywhere, and found no mention of a fee.
  • Options
    PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Valerie maybe we'll bump into each other... I'll be there the same day!

I just talked to my photog and she said she has done numerous shoots there and never got a permit and no one ever bothered her
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh really? If you go to Valley Forge National Park site, I searched "pictures" and it says "Do I need a permit to get my pictures taken there?" then said "Yes you need a short filming permit and it is $75." I am going to call them now and see what they say.

Philly Gal- What time will you be there? Are you getting married at the Radisson? We should be there around 4:00pm. I am getting so excited yet nervous at the same time!!!! AHHHHHH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did pictures in Valley Forge - it's kinda like the honor system.  Yes, you do need a permit - let me know if you need contact info. 

What are the odds of being caught by a ranger?  Slim

What are the odds that another bridal party will be at the park having pictures taken where you want them taken - pretty high.

When I submitted my request for Park Permit, they asked me what part of the park - and I told them, they had also asked for times.  If there was another bridal party there, I could have had them kicked out b/c I had the permit for that spot, at that time.  Make sense?
  • Options
    PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we will probably be there around 3:30 .... yes... are you getting married there too????
  • Options
    NPS PermitNPS Permit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Your message popped up on one of our "google alerts".  I wanted to let you know that you do need a permit to do your photos at Valley Forge National Historical Park.  The demand for group photos in some areas of the park (particularly on Saturday and Sunday afternoons) is such that we need to create a calendar and schedule groups one at a time so we don't have multiple groups in the same place at the same time.  This creates a better situation for the groups and also limits the impact on our visitors coming to the park to experience the revolutionary war history.  Please contact me at 610-783-1087 or by email at Lisa_Waterman@nps.gov for more information.  Allow as much time as possible for the permit but a minimum of 5 business days.  Thanks!
  • Options
    NPS PermitNPS Permit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Particularly for model shoots you need to have a special use permit for photos in Valley Forge NHP so ZennJenn is giving some bad advice.  For weddings in 2011 (or 2012) we start accepting permits January 1st of the year of the event, just so you know.  Contact the park for more information 610-783-1000 option 4.  Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope I've never written my company name on here.....everyone is signed up for google alerts. I'd be mortified.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards