Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

BM Gift Idea - Your Thoughts?

I'm letting all my BMs choose their own shoes for my wedding. I know that the majority of them (or all) will choose to wear heels. Weather permitting, we will be doing pictures outside on a grassy area (read: not very heel friendly). So, I was thinking these might be good as part of the BM gifts. They could also be nice for dancing, etc. Maybe cute picture opp too?

http://www.momentsofelegance.com/catalog/personalized-flip-flops-p-3615.html

What do you think? Would you be happy to get them (along with something else)? Would you wear them again in the summer with jeans/sweats/etc?

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BM Gift Idea - Your Thoughts?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I think they are cute. I would wear them again. I also know 1/2 of my bridesmaids would not. You know your bridesmaids best. I have also seem them without names on the side, just intials on the front on what looks like a button. Maybe some would be more likely to wear those?

I didn't vote...i didn't know where my response fell in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my girls silver flip flops from Old Navy so they could take their heels off at the reception. They were neutral enough that they would wear them again.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bm-gift-idea-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:f4b694d3-feee-4409-a641-0281385f74a3Post:8d87dec2-83a4-4e37-8403-6dbd5e85837e">Re: BM Gift Idea - Your Thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my girls silver flip flops from Old Navy so they could take their heels off at the reception. They were neutral enough that they would wear them again.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

I would suggest this.  I wouldn't wear flip flops with my name on them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't wear those again. I would wear neutral silver or something flip flops again, and would welcome that gift. HTH
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bm-gift-idea-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:f4b694d3-feee-4409-a641-0281385f74a3Post:8d87dec2-83a4-4e37-8403-6dbd5e85837e">Re: BM Gift Idea - Your Thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my girls silver flip flops from Old Navy so they could take their heels off at the reception. They were neutral enough that they would wear them again.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

I did this also. I got different variations of purple flips flops from Old Navy for them to wear. That way they could easily use them again
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's a cute idea, but I would only wear them around the house.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

I think if I don't do something like above, I would do something a bit more formal that the old navy ones. Something like this maybe? http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/shoes/flipflops/PRDOVR~42958/42958.jsp

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Bean-  I like the second ones you posted.  I would wear those again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AmyJ820AmyJ820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think the 2nd ones are a better bet- they are adorable!

• Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those J.Crew ones are adorable!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the second ones are muuuuch better. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also, you can get flip flops to match bm dresses on dessy.com.

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011
    Im buying my girls flip flops for the same reason. I am buying plain black ones probably only a few bucks but they arent really going to be a part of their gift. I would never personally wear flip flops with my name on them. - Im probably going to do something similiar to the J Crew ones but much less expensive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards