Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Flower prices

Hi...I don't leave in Philly (from boston actually) but my fiance and i are getting married in center city this September.  We met with 1 florist this past weekend but his prices seemed high, even though knot.com gave him $$.  I just wanted to have your girls opinions regarding flowers.  My bouquet was priced at $250 for just lillies and my bridesmaids are 3 big lillies for $50.  Is that the going rate in Philly or should I shop around a little.  I really liked him, I just don't know anything about flowers.

Please help!

Thanks

Re: Flower prices

• Options
    Shop around.. that seems high
  • Options
    That's way high. Definitely meet with a few others. Also, tell them your budget and many will be able to work with you.

My bouquet will be $200 and is much more complicated than yours!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ashmc26ashmc26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm planning a wedding in cc in spring of 2013. I'm still looking for a venue in the c ity. I'm llooking for a place where I can also have the ceremony. Just wondering where you are getting married in the city?

• Options

So my fiance's dad lives in The Phoenix, a condo right across from love fountain.  But it is this beautiful old building.  We are getting married on the roof top and than having the reception on the first floor atrium, hosted by Tir Na Nog, the irish rest. We are getting some discounts since his dad lives in the building, but I heard that other people have rented the space as well. 

Thanks about the flower tips.  Do you girls have other suggestions of where to go?  I just don't know the city that well.

• Options
    Maybe lillies are just really expensive? I think it is difficult for the other girls to say the price is high if they have not priced out the same bouquet. But it is always best to get a few prices.

Try Carl Alan and Petals Lane.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    That seems high to me....I am also using lilies in my bouquet and mine is much less than that...if you want a second opinion reach out to Katherine @ http://www.eventsbyoc.com  She is doing my flowers and also with a relative  she will give you a fair and reasonable price. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

It was Carl Alan who wanted that much.  But I'll call around to some other places.  Thanks for your help ladies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards