Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Did your venue...

Did your venue give you the option of colored napkins ? If so how much did they charge. My venue did not give us the option, but we do have the options of table cloths (18 per table)or table runner (10 per table). Do you feel like it's a waste to spend money on these things?

Re: Did your venue...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was not charged for napkins.  I did have  a color choice though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    B2B. did you do cahir covers with a bow matching the napkin or a different color table cloth ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt do a sash. just a striped chair cover. White table cloth and lavender napkins.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh ok, nice !
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an option of black or white napkins.  I bought table overlays from www.linentablecloth.com You can search online for coupons and they are cheaper than what your venue is charging you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours had options for table cloths and napkins and then if you wanted to have a fancier design on either it was extra. Personally, I don't think I would spend the extra money on the color but I guess it would really depend on how much extra it would be.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a choice of the linens and the napkins, the overlays are what they charge extra for. I'm just making ours.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Choice of color napkins was included, but anything else was extra.  I went back and forth about it, until I realized that I couldn't remember what color linens were used at other weddings I have attended as a guest.  I did choose purple napkins since that was free, but have since changed them to white since I think the all white will look classy.  Colored napkins on white tablecloths just reminds me of a banquet dinner.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    <<Colored napkins on white tablecloths just reminds me of a banquet dinner.>>

hah I think it looked nice on mine but they were folded nicely and on top of silver charger plates.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well our colors are silver, pale pink and white. So our centerpieces are all white flowers, we are having the white chair covers with the silver bow, plain white table cloth with a silver runner and pink perimeter lighting around the room. Does that sound like it will look okay ?
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    >> I went back and forth about it, until I realized that I couldn't remember what color linens were used at other weddings I have attended as a guest.<<

This.  I actually attended B2Bs wedding in March, and no offence my love, but I didn't even realize you had matching napkins.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha no offence taken dear! I had to think about it for a second myself, and it was my wedding. :)  I just didn't know what color to pick so I picked my fav color. I didn't want white everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with all ivory because that's what was included and I didnt want to pay extra for something that guests were going ot be wiping their mouths on and wouldn't remember :) I would have had to pay for another color linen at Normandy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure it's included.  If it wasn't, I wouldn't pay extra for it.  I think the linens are white and the napkins are wine.  No chair covers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now that I think about it ... I don't recall napkins or any special tablecloths from weddings i have attended. I guess it is a waste of money. Thanks !
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_did-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:f95022ce-ea4b-45e6-adb9-e8d9150ecdaePost:cd2eb3c2-7e98-48af-9a69-4dd33dd2ca16">Re: Did your venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now that I think about it ... I don't recall napkins or any special tablecloths from weddings i have attended. I guess it is a waste of money. Thanks !
    Posted by jamiebean[/QUOTE]

That's what we are here for.. bringing sanity to this crazy world of wedding planning ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they are charging that means they probably don't do their own linens and hire a company to come in and do it for them. As with chair covers by the time you get done renting them you could probably have bought them outright. I would look into buying them and then selling them after the wedding.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We went with navy tablecloths b/c it wasn't an upcharge, although it would have been for anything other than ivory napkins? I don't know how they figure this stuff out! For us it was good (went with the color scheme and made the white flowers on the table pop), but I doubt anyone really noticed!

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We negotiated on linens before we signed the contract. I think they charged like $3 for upgradeded color napkins or table runner and for the entire cloth, it was $12. We ended up going with basic ivory linen and got the color napkin thrown in as a part of our package.

Like others said, you'll probably be the only one to notice the color. But if you're set on it, try to negotiate and see what they can do for you. I think it's a silly thing to spend $$ on though. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a choice of about 20 tablecloth and napkin colors at no extra cost, but our venue was run by a large catering company with lots of venues (Jeffrey Miller), so it makes sense they had a big stock.  Of course, with all those color choices, I chose black napkins and tablecloths.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards