July 2012 Weddings
Options

I'm really getting nervous now

Everything is happening so fast! Most of you are getting married before me (I'm end of July) and I'm just in aw at how so many of you have it all together. Right now I'm just AHHH! I'm having to move right before the wedding to a different state too which doesn't help. 

So question: What is your number 1 way of destressing?

Re: I'm really getting nervous now

• Options
    The past two weekends I've  gone to a friends house and sat in their pool and just talked.  We talked weddings but other stuff too and it was great.

Basically, doing things to forget that the wedding is coming up is awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I will be honest with you, my destress, I sink into my wedding planner's hot tub (my planner is a close friend) with a nice glass of wine, and jazz music playing...I do it like once or twice a week....lol but Also, go get a pedicure, a massage, go get a blow out done, just lay back and let someone wash your hair and style it up....take some time away from the wedding plans, I promise everything won't fall apart if you leave it all alone for one day
  • Options
    ummm...I'm totally not ready and I'm way nervous and stressed! So I'm not the person to ask. 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Birdy, I think to be totally honest once you get under the 2 week mark you go numb. I have a million things to do, and I am not stressed at all. I can only do so much, so I'm just going through the motions and getting what I can done. If I sat down and thought of all the outstanding items I would probably freak out.
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Options
    I'm somehow not terribly stressed but I've been doing a lot of float in my pool and sitting next to it. I think just take some time to yourself and you'll feel better.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah I'm just trying really hard to not think about everything that has to be done. But seriously, to destress, I lock myself in my room with a good book. Or I go out for drinks (or Ice Cream! or even better both!) with some good friends.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i'm 14 days out and i am attempting to finish everything and do my finals for psychology, take a few hours for you nothing wedding related, detach from the wedding chaos
  • Options
    Ummm....I cry Undecided lol Or I find someone to b*tch to about something...since there seems to always be SOMETHING with this wedding to b*tch about! So usually getting out there whatever is causing me stress helps. I also text my planner if it's about something I'm really freaking about. She helps get my head back on and usually takes over whatever it is.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Whatever doesn't get done, only you and your FI will know about it. If it's not done, oh well. Life goes on. As long as at the end of the day, you and your FI are now husband and wife it all worked out.

Destress - sitting outside in my hammock and reading.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Where are you moving to?? 

I'm feeling stressed right now too!! I have to get final #'s an table assignments to caterer tomorrow!! and I'm almost done....but UGH!! hahaha

Rehearsal info I need to get in the mail...and I have to finish timelines....starting to get a little stressed....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_im-really-getting-nervous-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:93a1816f-7970-482e-bd13-fd9b8b305c75Post:68a69025-8627-4ab3-9862-4d97f3349b23">Re: I'm really getting nervous now</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whatever doesn't get done, only you and your FI will know about it. If it's not done, oh well. Life goes on. As long as at the end of the day, you and your FI are now husband and wife it all worked out. Destress - sitting outside in my hammock and reading.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

I feel you there, I'm feeling very zen about it too.  I have six days left, some decorations left to do, and family style (i.e. potluck) catering.  The stress was there for the food abokut a month ago (crazy right) but now that it is closer I don't feel like nothing is done (when it was pretty much just the food freaking me out). 
    Destress~Hot bath or a good book
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards