Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Unique Affordable Venue

Hi all! 

My fiance and I are planning a wedding for March 15, 2014, we have plenty of time but I've been having some trouble finding ideas for a unique venue.  We are looking for one in Philadelphia that fits into our $15,000 budget (thats for the whole wedding).

Any help would be great!

Thanks
Liz

Re: Unique Affordable Venue

• I'm having my reception at Beat Street Station in Manayunk - I love it!
  • LOVE beat street but didn't meet my capacity! Should be a beautiful wedding congrats! :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_unique-affordable-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:f9b98786-c3ca-4f7c-8027-561fbb27eaaaPost:b01a08b0-00c4-475e-bd63-b660eaf0eed7">Re: Unique Affordable Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my reception at Beat Street Station in Manayunk - I love it!
    Posted by Lilshell812[/QUOTE]

Yes I saw beat street but the require a minimum of 100 people
  • We had our wedding at Auletto's in Deptford, and came in just under $15000 for the whole deal (dress, flowers, cake, shoes, invites, music, dj, photographer, tux, towncar, etc). Our bill for Auletto's was a little over 9k I think. It included buffet dinner, open bar, appetizers, wedding cake, fresh flowers for all of the tables, and the ceremony space. They only have a 65 person minimum.  If you're willing to cross the bridge into Jersey, this can be a great option!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jojo01041982jojo01041982 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Occasions in New Hope was VERY reasonable, but not your typical ballroom.  Definitely unique, it used to be  a factory and they have made it very artsy and elegant. 

Plus, you can get your pics done nearby where the train station is.  I have seen some amazing pictures of B&G on the tracks & in the cable cars!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i just booked the river room at the manayunk brewery. i have a similar budget. they don't have any per person minimum they just have a specific food/drink amount for fri/sun or sat. nice views of main street and the river and it has a modern/loft feel. i liked it because it had white walls and hardwood floors so it doesn't clash with any type of theme or decor you might want to have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Occasions in Bensalem (I think that is the right city) is a gorgeous venue that has a lot included and has packages ranging from $10k and up...

My groom and I had a tighter budget so we went with The Chateau and it was MUCH more affordable, actually had a less glitzy, but more comfortable appeal to it, included all of the linens (table, chair, sashes, napkins), china & silverware, and an amazing amount of food plus the wedding cake - and if you have 100 or more include valet parking - we couldn't pass on it and it saved us $4k!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Knowlton Mansion
  • Colonial Dames.
  • power plant productions.
  • <div>We are having our wedding at the Wayne Art Center!  The center is perfect for indoor or outdoor ceremony.  We are planning outdoor, but have a plan b in one of the galleries!  I am beyond excited.  As soon as we saw it, it was perfect for what we wanted.  The caterer for the Wayne Art Center is Jeffrey Miller Catering.  The food is unbelievable!  We got a private tasting and it was supreme.  Everything was cooked fresh for us that night.  The day of the wedding is the same.  We also got a coordinator for the Art Center and Jeffrey Miller Catering - no charge! It has been such an easy going planning process I would definitely recommend the Wayne Art Center to anyone.  </div><div>
    </div><div> </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_unique-affordable-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:f9b98786-c3ca-4f7c-8027-561fbb27eaaaPost:00a76318-53b6-4d76-887c-9697352d1970">Unique Affordable Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all!  My fiance and I are planning a wedding for March 15, 2014, we have plenty of time but I've been having some trouble finding ideas for a unique venue.  We are looking for one in Philadelphia that fits into our $15,000 budget (thats for the whole wedding). Any help would be great! Thanks Liz
    Posted by eclaxon[/QUOTE]
  • Welkinweir Estate near pottstown. Great for an outdoor wedding and tent reception - beautiful estate house on a hill overlooking a lake with gardens all around.

• Have you looked into the Wayne Arts Center in Wayne, PA? It's a great gallery where you can do both ceremony and reception, and it's really quite affordable in March. I'm doing my wedding there and it's better than anything else we looked at and definitely unique. 
  • My fiance and I are getting married at Kings Mills in Media, PA. This was out first choice. However, our 2nd choice was the Ballroom at Maggio's because of the PRice. Check them out. They are in Southampton, PA! VERY AFFORDABLE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards