Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Officiant Help

Hey girls... just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good officiant in the area. I am getting married at Cairnwood and they recommend A Journey of the Heart. Has anyone used them?  I was also wondering if anyone had any reviews of A Beautiful Affair of the Heart. I have priced out both and there is a significant difference in the pricing but I want to make sure I make the right decision. Thank you :)

Re: Officiant Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think LRM used Journey of the Heart... but she only checks in at night.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Journeys of the Heart - Irene Fulton is our officiant and she's been wonderful thus far. We have a completely customized ceremony and it's amazingly well done.

My FSIL also used Journeys - they used Urbane Peachey (sp?) - he was a bit reserved for my taste, but was on time, friendly, and gave them the exact ceremony they wanted. Her husband really liked him.

If you want any further information feel free to PM.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in love with my officiant. His name is Andy Mahaney "the wedding pastor". People loved my ceremony. :)
  • Options
    flyersgirl436flyersgirl436 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     My uncle works for Journeys of the Heart! We aren't using him, but he is great at doing weddings and he will do anything you want. Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LRM's ceremony was one of the most beautiful one's I have ever been to. Hopefully she see's this and can post who exactly she used. The words spoken were just beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard excellent things about Journey's from the Heart.  I have another friend (plus b2b) that also used Andy Mahaney, and raved about him too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Diane Smith-Hoban from Journey's of the Heart.
    She was amazing and did our ceremony to fit us perfectly. We got so many compliments on the ceremony!
    They are a tad pricey but all the officiants there do a great job (ive been to weddings using Irene, and Linda and they were awesome as well)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Maria Odilia Romeu from Journeys and loved her.  LOVED her.  We visited with aother officiant who had a similar price differential to Journeys for comparison, because I agree that the price seems steep at first.  However, we left our meeting with Maria, and our meeting with the other officiant, and looked at each other, knowing we'd get what we paid for with Journeys.  Maria went way above and beyond for us, even buying some flowers for part of our ceremony last-minute when we realized we wouldn't have time to pick them up day-of.  She was so helpful through every step of putting together our ceremony and made it incredibly easy.  Communication with her was a breeze.  Our ceremony was also lovely, as Buttons attested to :)  I would highly recommend!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am no help here, I had an officiant booked but think I am changing my mind.
    B2Bs preview video made me cry so I am hoping to check hers out.

Also ladies if I could ask, how far out does an officiant need to be booked?
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually met with Maria a little under a year out, but I feel ike 6 months-ish is closer to the norm.  As soon as you feel ready, it can't hurt to meet with people.

I agree that Andy also did a great job for B2B :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked mine way out nut some are doing this as a side job so might not need as much time. Andy does this on the side so he might not be as booked as some others. Gosh I love Andy lol such a sweet man. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Maria Odilia from Journeys of the Heart - I highly recommend her. She is such a sweet lady and has been in contact with us over the last 6 months or so tweeking our ceremony. We felt extremely comfortable with her right from the get-go which made us feel better about spending a little bit more money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THanks for all the help! After reading all the reviews, it seems like Journey of the Heart is the front runner as of now. we have a year and a half until our wedding, so more than enough time. Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards