Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

How many dresses are you wearing on your day?

So… my mom thinks, I should wear another dress, besides the wedding dress… according to her, it’s very common in asian weddings that the bride changes into 3-5 dresses throughout the wedding day… at least, that’s what she said. :) 

I will have a traditional vietnamese dress for the tea ceremony, then change into my white dress for the rest of the day… then I was planning to change into my traditional vietnamese dress during the table greeting at the reception, coz it’s easier to maneuver in it and so all guests (who weren’t present at the tea ceremony) can see the traditional dress too… then change back into the white dress afterwards… so that’s 2 dresses for me already…but my mom said, I would need at least one more – for the reception… I’ll probably won’t listen to her, since I love my white dress and want to wear it as much as I can… so just curious: how many dresses are you wearing on your wedding day?  
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: How many dresses are you wearing on your day?

• Options

I'm just wearing the one dress...I'm wearing it ALL day long because I'm never paying that much for a dress again LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I wore one and I seriously could not have fit in any time to change. There is so much going on and the day goes by so fast I would not have wanted to waste any of it changing dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_how-many-dresses-are-you-wearing-on-your-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:fb19c623-b089-4f93-bd9c-d806b0e5b37fPost:952d872e-c222-402e-9e9b-6bb419f8612a">Re: How many dresses are you wearing on your day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore one and I seriously could not have fit in any time to change. There is so much going on and the day goes by so fast I would not have wanted to waste any of it changing dresses.
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

This.  I feel like it will take you so long to change from the white dress to the traditional dress and back.  I'd say if you're going to change into the traditional dress at some point, don't plan to switch back.

I'm just planning to wear the one dress.  But my RD dress is actually a "reception dress" (Priscilla of Boston going out of business sale FTW), so if I spill a glass of red wine on my dress or something, I will have the RD dress ready to go. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    had26had26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I can't imagine taking off my wedding dress because I love it so much so........just one :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_how-many-dresses-are-you-wearing-on-your-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:fb19c623-b089-4f93-bd9c-d806b0e5b37fPost:89103680-3d3a-46ca-a19e-782db7ce466d">Re: How many dresses are you wearing on your day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't imagine taking off my wedding dress because I love it so much so........just one :)
    Posted by had26[/QUOTE]

Agreed :-)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_how-many-dresses-are-you-wearing-on-your-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:fb19c623-b089-4f93-bd9c-d806b0e5b37fPost:89103680-3d3a-46ca-a19e-782db7ce466d">Re: How many dresses are you wearing on your day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't imagine taking off my wedding dress because I love it so much so........just one :)
    Posted by had26[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I had a bigger budget, I'd buy both the dresses I'm torn between and wear one for the ceremony and formal pics and the other one for the reception!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just 1. Personally I think it's weird when brides wear more than 1 dress (excluding cultural/religious traditions of course). 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm having a backyard wedding in July. Because it will be HOT I wanted a short dress, but  decided to try on a long one just to be sure. I fell in love with the long one & couldn't decide between it and the short one that I loved. I was fortunate enough enough to find out about the Priscilla of Boston closing sale the first week (before they were picked over). My mom encouraged me to get both since, for both dresses, it was less than $500 (AMAZING markdowns on their samples). So, I will wear the long dress for the ceremony & dinner, then change into the short, cooler dress for dancing. However, we will be in a tent just steps from my parents house, so changing will take 5 minutes. If you have to go up to a hotel room, it could be a big time commitment. Also, if I hadn't stumbled upon the sale of a lifetime, I would never have spent the money for two dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The one cost so much I will probably sleep in it too. LOL
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards