North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Hey there fellow OBX brides!

Hey ya'll!
I'm getting married October 6, 2012 in Hatteras! We're getting married at the Old Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Site and our reception will be held at the Hatteras Village Civic Center.  I am super excited about the big day! I have found that the locals are super helpful and friendly which makes me feel like I've made the right decision to get married there. My fiance especially loves Hatteras-- he loves to go fishing there :0)

Any brides out there had there reception at the HVCC? Also, have any brides out there gotten married in Hatteras? Would love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to check out our wedding site, as well
http://codyandsamtensixtwelve.blogspot.com

Re: Hey there fellow OBX brides!

• Options
    Hi and welcome to the board!! 

I got married in Hatteras as well!!  It's great to see another Hatteras bride.  I got married in an event home that was right up the road from the civic association actually.  On Atlantic View Drive, Hatteras Realty is on the corner of that road and Hwy 12.  The old lighthouse site is a great place to have a ceremony.  We had some of our engagement pics done up there. We love love love it down in Hatteras, it is such an awesome place to be.  I've been going down there for 23 years or so and introduced it to my hubby when we got together. 

I see you are using Bonnie Williams as your officiant, we used her as well and she is great!  We were really happy with her. 

If you have any questions let me know.  There is also another HI bride around here, she is getting married at The Love Boat in Frisco. 
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    Hello Sam!

I am Amanda.  I am the Love Boat bride.  We are getting married on May 5th, so really soon!  We have been very happy with our choices so far.  Everyone has been very helpful, and very easy to work with.  We are also using Bonnie, and I love her!  We are piecing together most of our own ceremoney, and she has been very helpful throughout the entire process.  I read through your wedding website, and I actually attended one of my friend's wedding showers at the Chantilly tea house.  It was wonderful!!!  You will really enjoy it!  Once my wedding takes place, I'll let you know how it goes, share pictures.  Please let us know if you have any questions, or need any help planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards