North Carolina-Outer Banks

Recently Engaged

Hello! My boyfriend and I recently got engaged, and we've known for the last year or so that we've wanted to get married in the Outer Banks. We live in Pennsylvania, so anyone with tips or venue suggestions, please let me know!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recently Engaged

• LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  You will find many discussions on venues and vendors throughout the forum, but make your first stop the Outer Banks Wedding Association website.

www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org

Happy planning!

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! You picked a beautiful place to be married. Hope we can help with any questions you might have during your planning.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    I'm in the early stages of planning also, so any good advice I hear...I will certainly pass your way also :)
    Happy planning!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  We are getting married in the Hilton Garden Pier House in Kitty Hawk in Sept- its gorgeous inside and still has that "beach-ey" feel.  A lot of people also look into booking event homes - it really depends on how many people you are planning on inviting. 

Definitely use the outerbanks wedding website LRPardy mentioned...that's how I got most of my vendors.  Also, when you find a vendor you like/book, ask them about other vendors that they recommend - they have a lot of inside info and can be very helpful.  I originally thought I would need to spend a lot of money on a wedding planner - but you would be surprised how much you can do from a distance (I'm from PA as well). 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all your advice! We're thinking wedding on the beach, and reception some place else..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  We're getting married June 24th at The Pearl in Kill Devil Hills.  We'll have an ocean front wedding on the beach, cocktail hour outside on the deck, and then dinner/cake/first dances inside the private event room.  It worked for us and needed less long-distance coordination by having everything in once place. 

The Aquarium was our second choice but the outdoor space was on grass overlooking the sound instead of oceanfront in the sand.  We also considered The Sanderling and Hilton Pier House, but our wedding was on the smaller side so we just couldn't justify the cost.

Any idea of your wedding size?
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Christi! Thanks for the message. I looked at your wedding website yesterday, some fantastic ideas, I think we'll be using some of them for our wedding! We took a look at a possible guest list, and I think between 40-50.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ftdr2bftdr2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure when you are planning on getting married but the wedding expo that the OBX wedding association puts on every year in January is a GREAT place for any information you could ever need!!! (not to mention it gives you a reason to visit the OBX) 
    My fiance and I are getting married April 2012 at Jennette's Pier. I have been to a few weddings in the OBX and have enjoyed them all. The aquarium was a really fun idea that we wanted to use but our wedding party I think is going to be too big. Good luck with the planning!!
    Mrs. Lauren Barry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards