North Carolina-Outer Banks

New Bride!!

After three and a half years of courship, my boyfriend proposed to me LAST TUESDAY in the sound at sunset while we were on vacation with his family. We stay in the Outer Banks every year and I consider it where we fell in love, so, needless to say, we will be exchanging vows there in the Spring of 2010. I have a question for the brides who have ALREADY wedded in the OBX... I am EXTREMELY interested in having just the ceremony at the Whalehead Club (of course, we havn't made any decisions...but it's a wish of mine) and am wondering, where are the nearest and least expensive locales to have the receptions.The food is one of the most important things according to me, a definate foodie, so recommendations on which reception locations has the best fare would be great. We are on a tight budget, as most couples are, so I hope to hear some great suggestions from you all!!! Another quick question, I don't think we will rent houses for the guests to stay at (there's just too many people!) So does anyone know of affordable accomodations near the Whalehead Club? Hotels, Inn's, B&B's, Condo's?? Thanks!

Re: New Bride!!

• edited December 2011
    Hi Kim!Thanks so much for the info! I did research the Kilmarlic Club but have never been there personally. Their website looks great and I would love to have the ceremony out there soundfront and move inside for the reception. I emailed them and they gave me great info. We plan to drive down next month to look at it in person. My only hesitation is the FINE PRINT details...for instance, $1.50 PER guest to use cloth napkins? Seems like a waste! But I am still going to check it out. Our other option is the Aquarium. We love the idea of being out by the water then moving inside to the shark room for the reception. It just sounds so unique! So that's moved to the top of the list as well!!If you do take any pics, I would love to see them! [email protected] luck and talk to you soon!
  • sarahrosejgsarahrosejg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am also a new bride planning for a spring 2010 wedding in Duck. We're looking at the Sanderling, Currituck and 108. Any candid pictures or opinions would be appreciated. We live in DC and can't get down to the see the places before we reserve. The sanderling looks pretty strict on some items,like you can't decorate the place yourself, have to have a professional even to stand on chairs to put up flowers, etc. But the pictures look great. How was the experience working with them? How about the currituck, can anyone post candid shots? Thanks so much!!! Sarah
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah, i am getting married at the currituck club next july...i was just down there at the beginning of july and have a bunch of pics of the outside- totally forgot to take the inside...if you give me your email i can send you a link to my pics on kodak gallery!    
  • edited December 2011
    oh and the coordinator at the currituck is really nice and helpful...she is willing to work with whatever we want/need...it also seemed to be the most affordable
  • edited December 2011
    shldgk,could you send me the link to pics at the Currituck Club?  That is my first choice as of right now, but we aren't going down till the end of August, but I'd love to see pics now.My email is [email protected] Thanks so much in advance!!  And just from emails with Sarah (I think that is the coordinators name at Currituck Club) she does seem super nice!Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    donna...ygm!!  let me know what you think!
  • sarahrosejgsarahrosejg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I would also love to see candid shots of the currituck, thanks so much! My email - [email protected] Best, Sarah
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards