Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Blood test?

Do any of you know if you have to get a blood test before getting married in PA? I looked it up online and they said no, but when I asked my mom she said that they did have to. That was over 30 years ago so things could have changed. I just figured since some of you have already been through it all and others almost have, you all would be some of the best to ask!

Re: Blood test?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha my mom was saying at least they don't do blood tests now.  Thank goodness! So no, no blood tests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No blood tests.  Instead they'll verbally ask you if you're related or have any communicable diseases.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents insisted, insisted we had to have blood tests.  Insisted.  

The law changed.  WTF were they testing for anyway STDs?  That's the only thing I can come up with, anyone have a better answer?  It couldn't have been DNA as the didn't have DNA testing then.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_blood-test?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:fbb9d826-10d9-4d77-9f7a-61c5aad73047Post:a00ec05f-61fc-46a3-a4d8-107971dab698">Re: Blood test?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No blood tests.  Instead they'll verbally ask you if you're related or have any communicable diseases.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

<div>1 My priest asked this.</div><div>
    </div><div>2 I filled out Matt's visa waver form so he could enter the US and it asked if he had the Clap and something else I never heard of...</div>
  • Options
    flyersgirl436flyersgirl436 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Thank you guys! Just knew you all would have the answers. So thankful we don't have to. Not really that it's a probable, just a pain and one more thing to do!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I was just talking about this with my parents this weekend. My mom said oh you guys will have to get blood tests and we looked at her and said I don't think they do that anymore!  Good to know that they officially don't do those anymore!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, but the fact that you have to swear under oath that you aren't related and don't have any STDs that the other doesn't know about is downright hilarious.  Confession: was sort of hard for all arties involved to keep a straight face when we did it.  I also liked the part where I had to swear under oath that I was not of feeble mind.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No blood test, no physical, no nothing except for the check of course!  I don't remember my priest asking if we had any communicable diseases but he did ask if we were related lol.

I did some reading up on this beforehand and found that a possible reason they changed the law is because of confidentiality laws.  Apparently, you don't have to tell your future husband if you have syphilis anymore.  That was the main thing they tested for in the past.  They were checking for things that could be passed on to your future children. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards