North Carolina-Outer Banks

I'm a Hatteras Bride!

Hi ladies,I'm getting married May 20, 2010 at "The Love Boat" in Frisco on Hatteras.  We are doing our ceremony at the Catholic Church in Buxton, and having our reception at the house.  Most of my planning is done, so if anyone needs any reccomendations, I have a great photographer and an amazing caterer!So glad I found you ladies!  i've been hanging out at the Destination Wedding board for almost  a year...Cristina

Re: I'm a Hatteras Bride!

• hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi!! I am also a Hatteras Bride! We are planning a September 2010 wedding. Hopefully September 6th, when we can book the house in a few weeks we will officially set the date. We are doing a beach ceremony and then a reception at the house. I plan on using Every Blooming Thing for flowers. Who are you using for photography and catering? We are thinking about Daniel Pullen Photography, we are getting engagement pics done in 2 weeks with them. Laura
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • coreyjenn9coreyjenn9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in 3 weeks in Hatteras at an event home...so I, too, have plenty of vendor recommendations and probably more so after the event is over! Let me know if anyone needs help/recommendations.
  • edited December 2011
    Our caterer is "Shore Thing Catering".  They are local to Hatteras Island, and arn't overpriced.  They actually just opened up a sandwhich shop as well in Frisco. Our photographer is AWESOME.  She's actually based out of Chesapeke, VA, but she doesn't charge a travel fee.  The name of the company is Like a Dream Photography.  Laura, which house(s) are you looking at???? 
    edited December 2011
    We looked at multiple houses back in June and decided on "Down by the Sea" in Hatteras. It seemed to fit all of our criteria that we wanted. We were going to look at "The Love Boat" but when it came down to it, we really wanted an oceanfront house. "The Love Boat" is beautiful from all the pictures I've seen. At this point, friends of the family have offered to cater for us for just the cost of food. When we have a set date I am going to make sure it works for them still and if not then I'd start looking into caterers, so I'll keep "Shore Thing Catering" in mind. Thanks! Laura
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    edited December 2011
    Just thought I'd update a little. We went down this past weekend and looked at some more event homes in Hatteras/Frisco. We absolutely fell in love with "Here Comes the Sun" in Hatteras and officially booked it tonight for September 5th-12th next year! Now I can start getting everything else together!!! Laura
    Hatteras, North Carolina
  • edited December 2011
    That is awesome Laura!  Congrats!  I'll have to look the house up and check it out.  Did you get any other planning done while you were downt here???
    edited December 2011
    We met with Kylie from Outback Kitchen about the wedding cake. She was great! We also got engagement pics done near the lighthouse with Daniel Pullen. Thats about it, it was mostly a weekend of looking at lots of event homes. I'm finding it pretty easy doing a destination wedding so far. Everyone I've contacted has been great and the attitude of vendors down there is completely different from what I would have gotten here in MD. Chistina, do you know what you're going to do for hair, makeup, etc.? I'm trying to stay with someone on the island but have really only come across Spa Koru so far. Laura
    Hatteras, North Carolina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards