Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

XP: Which would you rather have?

Hi all!

I'm thinking about gifts for my bridesmaids. All of my ladies like jewelry so I was thinking that might be a nice gift (not to wear to the wedding but just to wear in everyday life.)

I've found lots of cute items on Etsy including a charm bracelet for one of my bridesmaids. Then I thought it might be cute to make each girl a charm bracelet with charms that represent different things from our friendship. So, if you were a bridesmaid, would you rather receive a more personalized item like the above mentioned charm bracelet or some other type of jewelry (for example, one of my ladies loves dragonfly things and I found  a really awesome dragonfly bangle on Etsy.)

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary

Re: XP: Which would you rather have?

• Options
    I would like a more personalized gift...I don't wear bracelets but I like food lol so I would want a gift card to a restaurant...that would make me happier if i was a BM, kwim?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the idea of the personalized charm bracelet. I'm not a big bracelet wearer but I would appreciate the sentiment and the thought behind it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_xp-which-would-you-rather-have?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:fbd4bf89-54cd-48e4-a889-48f0444ecbd0Post:46728944-3d62-44f3-acd2-cceb93cf4fbb">Re: XP: Which would you rather have?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the idea of the personalized charm bracelet. I'm not a big bracelet wearer but I would appreciate the sentiment and the thought behind it.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

This. My BM gifts were bracelets. I really wanted to give them something they could keep for a long time. My mom gave her BMs bracelets, and I wore one as my "something old"
  • Options
    I like the idea of the personalized charm bracelet, but I don't think I would really wear it.  I think the example of the dragonfly bangle for the BM who loves dragonflies is a great example of it being personalized and still useful.  I'd rather something that was thoughtfully picked out but that I would have a better chance of using than a charm bracelet that was personalized but that I would put in  a drawer somewhere and not see or use very often.  Just my .02

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I was in my stepsister's wedding, she made us each necklaces. They were easy to make, and she chose a different pendant for each of us. (mine had a vintage looking owl) She made herself one that she wore that day that was very similar to the ones she made us. I LOVE my necklace that she made me and still wear it all the time. 

i think the idea of making something that they can use IRL is a great idea-- if you think your ladies would like charm bracelets-- you know them best!

kajs
    kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards