North Carolina-Outer Banks

Intro

Hello y'all!!
Just wanted to give a quick intro since I have posted a few questions and plan to stick around awhile!

My name is Donna. FI and I have had a long engagement, and are finally ready to make it official.we booked a venue here at home and the more I've been looking into ideas and plans, the more the idea of a huge wedding has me freaked out. I had a realization that a huge wedding is not for me and I was just trying to plan what I thought I was supposed to have - ya know the fairy tale huge wedding that the old movies show!

Well, I'm proud to say I am now at complete peace with trying to plan a intimate beach wedding! I can't wait!! I still have to call our venue and see if we can get our deposit back, but if not I'm okay knowing I'm finally planning the wedding that truly suits us!!

We will be on vacation in the OBX in August, so I will be setting up some appts with some vendors and hopefully deciding on a date while we are down there.

I look forward to chatting with all of you and sharing ideas and getting ideas! Happy planning to all!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro

• Sounds like you are heading in the right direction!
  • Congrats & welcome! 

• welcome!<div>
    </div><div>I'm from Baltimore too and am so happy I'm planning an Outer Banks wedding.. Enjoy the planning :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:107015bf-f904-4718-9910-6ce358f0408ePost:63572c9f-aaa7-4d37-8f79-bc6b21cb92a5">Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello y'all!! Just wanted to give a quick intro since I have posted a few questions and plan to stick around awhile! My name is Donna. FI and I have had a long engagement, and are finally ready to make it official.we booked a venue here at home and the more I've been looking into ideas and plans, the more the idea of a huge wedding has me freaked out. I had a realization that a huge wedding is not for me and I was just trying to plan what I thought I was supposed to have - ya know the fairy tale huge wedding that the old movies show! Well, I'm proud to say I am now at complete peace with trying to plan a intimate beach wedding! I can't wait!! I still have to call our venue and see if we can get our deposit back, but if not I'm okay knowing I'm finally planning the wedding that truly suits us!! We will be on vacation in the OBX in August, so I will be setting up some appts with some vendors and hopefully deciding on a date while we are down there. I look forward to chatting with all of you and sharing ideas and getting ideas! Happy planning to all!!!!
    Posted by soontobeamrs2012[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards