North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Weddings at the Mark Twain!!

Getting married at the Mark Twain April 2013. Wanted to see who has been married there, how did you do you wedding for the layout ect.

Re: Weddings at the Mark Twain!!

• Options
    Looks really nice! Congrats on booking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

THAT is a fabulous house!  I have seen it in person and I believe they recently re-did the deck b/c of some damage from Hurricane Irene and it looks great.

Somewhere deep in here is a post about that house...let me see if I can find it :)

• Options
    Here we go. looks like she is getting married Sept 2012, so I am sure she is full of great ideas :)

http://uw.theknot.com/view/5892475711388562/7264483

I know there are others as well b/c I have seen them....

• Options
    I am getting married there April, first week 2013.

We should talk, I'm doing preppy nautical theme!

-Megan
  • Options
    I'm getting married there September 2013!!! I'm looking for some ideas!! If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_weddings-mark-twain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:148048f4-cb21-4b7f-a934-1a1c2654a097Post:f8d4e0f3-bf15-4de9-8eb2-d8cf1820472b">Re: Weddings at the Mark Twain!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here we go. looks like she is getting married Sept 2012, so I am sure she is full of great ideas :) <a href="http://uw.theknot.com/view/5892475711388562/7264483">http://uw.theknot.com/view/5892475711388562/7264483</a> I know there are others as well b/c I have seen them....
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

I would love to see photos of how previous brides have decorated the Mark Twain house for weddings.
  • Options

I would love to see photos of weddings at the Mark Twain house.  I'm looking for ideas to help with decorating for a wedding in March 2013

• Options
    I'm getting married at the mark twain and the Hemmingway house next door in September 2014. I'd love to hear about how all of your weddings go if you had any trouble with anything or any suggestions! : they look so beautiful I can't imagine it wouldn't be great!! Glad we can still have a destination wedding without needing to leave anyone out! Good luck!!
  • Options
    I got married at the mark twain in October 2010, I would be happy to share photo with anyone who would like to see how we decorated and set up the place. Best wishes to all the new brides to be :) The mark twain is simply a perfect place to have a wedding.0, something magical about it tat I just love! Hope
  • Options
    I am getting married at The Mark Twain in late May of 2014! Has anyone ever had a band perform there? And if so, what was the setup? Thanks!! 
  • Options
    We just booked ours for September 2014 as well. Id love to talk with you if you can email me at clnelson44@gmail.com
  • Options
    We just booked this beautiful house for our wedding in Sept 2014 also! My email is emthomps0819@gmail.com I would LOVE to see any photos of other weddings there. I need all the suggestions/tips I can get!!! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Hello!

I saw that there are two other people on here that have the Mark Twain booked for 2014 in September.  We are the last week in September - October (9/28-10/5) and would love to talk to those who have it booked in September as well.  Please feel free to contact me clnelson44@gmail.com.  We have tons of questions about reception, logistics, renting tables, etc.

• Options
    Would anyone be willing to share their pics from The Mark Twain house wedding? I have no idea how to set this place up! It freaks me out I stare at the pictures online and try to figure out what angle they are taken at and everything. So hard to plan a wedding at a place you have never seen!! i have it booked Sept 21-28th, 2014! So any help would be awesome! futuresmittys2014@gmail.com
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to reach out and share that you should edit your posts and delete your email addresses. Ask someone to send you a PM as this is an international site and there are a bunch of crazies out there.  Just looking out for ya ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards