North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Shower

Hi Ladies/Gents!!!

I don't know how I should feel about this...so here's a little background before the real question! ha
My grandma has a boat and camper at a lake about 2 hrs from home where she spends EVERY weekend in the summer!!!! She's doesn't miss a weekend, unless something serious is happening at home. She will not be attending my son's 1st birthday party next weekend. I have come to accept this, as he doesn't know the difference anyways, but to me, I feel this is something that only happens once, why wouldn't you want to be there?? But anyways....
Is it wrong of me to be a little upset that she will not be attending my bridal shower?? I mean she goes to the lake EVERY WEEKEND, would it really kill her to miss one? Like I said, these are things that happen once in a lifetime and should be shared with your family and closest friends.
Maybe I am over-reacting but could someone give me some advice here?! Should I just get over it and move on or is this something I should talk to her about?

Re: Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would talk to her about it. In your Grandma's generation, weddings were not as elaborate as they have become.  She may not understand that your bridal shower is important to you.  Could your mom or dad say something to her?
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Let her know that you really want her there to share in the joy of your marriage.  If she then insists on going to the lake then there's not much else you could do.  If she decides to ditch your wedding for the lake, well then that's another story.

Anniversary
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's....she should be there and someone, maybe your parents, should talk to her about this.

Your son's 1st b-day and your wedding are once in a lifetime events that she really should be there for.  I would hate for her to look back on this one day and regret not being there.

Let us know how this works out.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!!! I'm just gonna have to talk to her and see what happens. Will let you know how it does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards