North Carolina-Outer Banks

Rehearsal Dinner Ideas - Help Please :)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to hold the rehearsal dinner around the Nags Head area.  Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Ideas - Help Please :)

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You will have lots to choose from!  I would consider doing something OF or Soundfront to add to the ambiance and your guests can admire the gorgeous Nags Head sunsets!  Maybe try Basnights Lone Cedar Cafe which is right on the water, Millers Waterfront, Tale of the Whale, Sugar Creek which is brand new or Windmill Point.  All of these are at MP 14-15 and sit on the soundfront with great views!

Good luck and happy planning!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    p.s.  are you from the DC area or somewhere in VA?  I am from Richmond but for some reason it shows as DC area....just curious.

• cbowen32cbowen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the help! We will definately give those restaurants a try! I am from the Richmond area...mine also says D.C.!!!
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from the hampton roads area, grew up in richmond though...i just got married down on the beach on 9/12.  we had our rehearsal dinner at our rental home, just a bbq.  but there are a lot of great restaurants you could go to...kellys, awful arthurs, tortugas lie, mulligans, jimmys seafood buffett, red drum, goombays, bobs grill, brewing station, mama kwans, kill devil grill, mako mikes, port o'call...there are so many and its all yummy food.  it just depends on what kind of money you'd like to spend.
    imageAnniversary
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    JenO24 is right on with her list of restaurants!  All of those are great OBX faves!  Port O'Call has a very elegant atmosphere as does Owens, both are on the "finer" side of life if ya know what I mean however their prices are very reasonable.

Where in Richmond?  Im in Chesterfield off of Hull St. Courthouse Rd area....very small world!

Im undecided on where to have our rehearsal dinner.  Im not sure if we are doing something at a restaurant or doing a grand bbq at the house....its such a beautiful home that I may as well utilize it right?  lol

Happy Planning!

• evenundomielevenundomiel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out www.nagsheadguide.com. you can go to the restaurant page and see all the restaurants on the beach and search by type of food. it's a lot easier than just guessing on which one will work for you!
    imageAnniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the help! I will def check out the Nags Head Guide.

Jen024: Did you have your reception at the rental house as well?

OBX2011: We are practically neighbors...I live at the Hull St./Genito Road area. :) Definitely a small world!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Ummm ok that is a really small world!  Brent used to live off of Genito with his old roommate...weird!

Are you having the reception at the house or doing a tent setup?  Which home have you chosen?  I can give you a few house names if you would like, I did a lot of searching and am happy to share what I have found.  Ohhh, another thing to consider is this:  we opted to rent Sun to Sun only b/c we chose a Friday evening ceremony so that our families can relax and re-cover before having to pack up and leave on Sunday.  I would have never considered this but Brents sister got married in obx years ago and chose a Friday ceremony and Sunday rental for that exact reason and trust me, we were ALL very grateful!  Having to pack up the day right after your wedding is NO fun at all and everyone is so tired from the big day before, its nice to have that extra day to relax.  Just a thought....

Let me know about your event home....

• jenheller22jenheller22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen024 - I was thinking of doing bbq rehearsal dinner as well at our rental house...did you need to get a special permit or anything like that?
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

cbowen - we just had our RD at the rental house, the reception was at Ramada Plaza Hotel's ballroom

jenh - we only had about 20 people at our RD so we didn't have to get an event home or let the rental office know since it wasn't that many people.

it worked out really well having our RD at the rental house b/c it was more personal then sitting around a long table at some restaurant.  we were able to mingle much easier, plus is was very relaxed and that's the feel we wanted.

imageAnniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen024 - What did you think of the Ramada? I am going to tour the facilities there this upcoming friday.  How was the food?

I appreciate your help!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBX2011 - We aren't using a rental house for our reception. We are going with a traditional venue since we are expecting 150 people or so. I am not sure of the exact place yet as I am going this weekend to tour the facilities. We are looking at the Pier House, The Ramada, Duck Woods Country Club and the Currituck Club! Thanks for the advice on extending the stay through  the weekend. We are thinking of a Friday night wedding so that guests could stay through Sunday and relax if they choose!
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

cbowen - I really liked their ballroom setup for the wedding, their gazebo area for cocktail hour is quite cute, the path to the beach is nice and long great for the wedding party entrance, nice beach access and beach area, the food from their restaurant is SO yummy!!!!!!!

the coordinatory there named CherryAnn is SO helpful, she is there to do whatever you need before, during, and after...you get a DOC in the price you pay for the ballroom and food, which was a huge plus in my book.

it doesn't look as nice as some hotels there on the outside, but it also isnt the worst looking on the outside.  but the people there are so accomidating and nice.  it was definitely the best choice for our wedding!

let me know how your tour goes, do you know who you're meeting with yet?
    if you're able to you should have lunch or dinner at their restaurant because those are the cooks that will make your food if you decide to have your wedding there.

imageAnniversary
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh, the Pier House and Currituck Club are soooo pretty!

I will be down in Carova this weekend visiting my brother so I will be sure to send happy & lucky thoughts your way....I just know you will find the perfect place!

Have fun!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards