North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

XP: All Things Catered, Amy Walker, Smokin' Man Barbecue, Steve Johnson

Has anyone heard of any of these caterers?  They are located in Winterville but service a wide area.  I'm desperately trying to reach them, as I have contracted them, sent my deposit, am only a month and a half out from my wedding and now can't reach them!!!  I'm in PA which makes it even more difficult to reach them.  Does anyone know anything about them at all??  Going to post on all the NC boards.  Thanks for any help anyone might have. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP: All Things Catered, Amy Walker, Smokin' Man Barbecue, Steve Johnson

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear you are having to deal with this since the wedding is so close.

I am not familiar with these caterers. 

I wish you the best of luck and hope all of this works out for you....deep deep breaths :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh how nerve racking.  I haven't heard of them.  Best of luck to you!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Marta...I live in Winterville and haven't heard of any of them.  I took the liberty of trying to find them in the phone book but had no luck.  I also tried to find them online and found Smokin Man BBQ in Raleigh which is about an hour and a half from here, it did state that there's one in Winterville but the phone number that it lists is a Raleigh area code.  I found a listing for All Things Catered online but it looks to be privately owned with no website or information.  If you're getting married in the OBX it's about a two hour drive from Winterville just to Manteo and could take more than 3 to get to anywhere else once you hit 12 or 158.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry that you can't get in touch with any of them.  I can't imagine how nerve racking it must be.  Hopefully, they'll be back in touch with you soon.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for checking!  I hired "Smokin' Man Barbecue" and spoke with/dealt with Steve Johnson.  The address I mailed the deposit to is in Winterville, and when I did a reverse address check of the address, it came up as "All Things Catered" and listed Amy Walker as the principal.  I have been calling and e-mailing and NOTHING.  I'm going to send a certified letter tomorrow, but I think it's time to start scrambling to find a new caterer.  I just really don't know how I'm going to make up that money I gave him already.  :(
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Marta....you have a signed contract right?  Make sure that you keep a running list with the date, time and result of each and every phone call and keep a copy of the certified letter, which I think is a great idea!

If you still end up with no luck, you can take out an Unlawful Detainer which is taking legal action to get your money back.  Let me know if you need any help with that along the way.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is what I found.  It looks like he also has 2 websites.  Good luck. 

All Things Catered LLC

2148 Braselton Drive

Winterville, NC  28590-8671

Years in Business – 2

Company Contact - Amy Walter, Principal

Smokin’ Man BBQ

111 W Firetower Rd

Winterville, NC  28590

252.561.6937  US Cellular says the no. is no longer in service

http://smokinmanbbq.com/">smokinmanbbq.com  is on the web

pitmaster@smokinmanbbq.com  is the email listed

Then I found that the same logo, web address and email are being used by the company in Raleigh/Greenville.  Wow.

They claim to be specializing in catering events only, including Wedding BBQ Catering.

http://smokinmanbbq.com/catering/weddings/

Smokin' Man BBQ LLC

Steve Johnson

Email: smokinman@bbqlikeapro.com

Web: http://bbqlikeapro.com

• Options
    JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure to report them to the BBB should you need to go elsewhere.  I would also explain your situation to the next caterers so they can work with you to try and make up for some of the lost $$.  I am sorry this happened to you.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All excellent suggestions, and I truly appreciate them all.  I found a phone number for a business at that same Firetower Rd. address.  The woman there, who was super sweet, had never heard of them.  In talking I ended up giving her the "remit to" address that I sent my checks to.  She is actually going to drive by there tomorrow for me.  Not sure if it will amount to anything, but I am so grateful that she is helping,  I could never had asked her to do something like that.  

So, I guess I have to pass that good deed on.  Anyone need me to drive by something in Pittsburgh?  Wink

Humor is good.  Gotta try to keep my sense of humor...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marta I'm so sorry this happened :(. Good luck! Keep us updated. I'm from Pittsburgh too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards