North Carolina-Outer Banks

Bridal Portraits!

Hi Everyone! I just realized OBX had a board- so exciting! I wish I had realized this a few months ago when I started planning, but better late than never!  I am getting married on July 14 on Coquina Beach in Nags Head & we are having the reception at Pirate's Cove in Manteo.  So excited!!  Anyway, my photographer is Genevieve Stewart & I am in love with her & so excited about having her.  Does anyone have recommendations for neat places to do bridal portraits in the OBX?

Re: Bridal Portraits!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    Hello & welcome!  Glad you found the board...there are lots of brides and even 2 grooms on the board that are more than happy to help with any questions you may have.

Some of the popular spots for pics are:

The beach of course
    Jockey's Ridge
    Underneath any Pier--love those shots!
    Marshes Light over in Manteo
    Manteo--anywhere there is gorgeous

Here is a pic we took at Marshes Light:

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/6h16j6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/zoj2gy.jpg[/IMG]

• Thanks, OBX 2011.  My mother is from the OBX, so we travel there multiple times a year.  I am pretty familiar with all the locations.

I just can't decide! I almost wanted to do the portrait at Whalehead Club in Corolla, but then I feel like I am missing "the beach."  Whalehead used to be in my mother's family, and it was my first idea for a venue, but it's so not in the budget!  But, it's beautiful nonetheless.
  • I love our pictures from Jockey's Ridge at Sunset and think bridals would be really pretty with the soft sunset colors there.  I also love the contrast of my dress with the old wooden pier posts from our TTD shoot.  That would be more beachy for you.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Can you do both?  Take some pics at the Whalehead Club, then head adross the street to the Lighthouse Ramp access? I had friends who did their engagement pics that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards