North Carolina-Outer Banks

Sharing my Nags Head wedding

I was a lrker on this board and am mainly on central florida and a few other boards. I didnt have a traditional reception with dancing but we went to pamlico jack's instead for dinner. they are doing beach refurbishing or some such thing in nags head right in front of where i got married, but everything still turned out great!!

I thought i would share some photos here for ladies still planning, wedding in Nags Head at mile marker 19.5.

I did my own flowers, photographer was a friend, no DJ, and my officiant was Rev. Jay. There is music on the slideshow-sorry if you are at work.

http://kristenwynnphotography.blogspot.com/2011/07/kim-and-mike-married-slideshow-shore.html

Re: Sharing my Nags Head wedding

• edited December 2011
    I just checked out your pictures- I got teary eyed!  Everything looks perfect!  Congrats! 
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! Love them all! Congrats to you and I hope our pics come out as lovely as yours :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH my goodness; BEAUTIFUL I loved it all.  I LOVE the white bridesmaid dreses with bright bouquets- very different and perfect for the beach.  I have to ask, did you find that having your hair down was a pain at all, on the beach or while taking pictures?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Pictures are gorgeous....as are you!  Congrats on your wedding :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_sharing-nags-head-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:38368d20-f595-4ba3-a081-1c61cb631ddePost:de52bc58-a666-474d-869a-a22b203348d1">Re: Sharing my Nags Head wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH my goodness; BEAUTIFUL I loved it all.  I LOVE the white bridesmaid dreses with bright bouquets- very different and perfect for the beach.  I have to ask, did you find that having your hair down was a pain at all, on the beach or while taking pictures?
    Posted by tcigal@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

I did my own hair. I put it in curlers then just took it down. For my photos and the first look, I did it down. Then it got SO hot (not windy at all, just so sweaty) that I did a ponytail and just recurled it for all the later photos. But it wasn't windy at all. If i wasn't so dang hot, i could have left it down with no problems. My hair is really thick though.
  • ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing! What event house did you use?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_sharing-nags-head-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:38368d20-f595-4ba3-a081-1c61cb631ddePost:b4f5878b-fe66-42c2-828d-83db6ff7de09">Sharing my Nags Head wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was a lrker on this board and am mainly on central florida and a few other boards. I didnt have a traditional reception with dancing but we went to pamlico jack's instead for dinner. they are doing beach refurbishing or some such thing in nags head right in front of where i got married, but everything still turned out great!! I thought i would share some photos here for ladies still planning, wedding in Nags Head at mile marker 19.5. I did my own flowers, photographer was a friend, no DJ, and my officiant was Rev. Jay. There is music on the slideshow-sorry if you are at work. <a href="http://kristenwynnphotography.blogspot.com/2011/07/kim-and-mike-married-slideshow-shore.html" rel='nofollow'>http://kristenwynnphotography.blogspot.com/2011/07/kim-and-mike-married-slideshow-shore.html</a>
    Posted by jackandjill2011[/QUOTE]

I keep seeing this post and think I'm seeing "Shaving my Legs wedding."
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jack & Jill!  I shared the slideshow with FI last night, but of course I was more excited about it than he was (lol).  You looked beautiful (and actually so much like a friend of mine....you're not related to an Amber, originally from MA, are you???) and I loved your hair- it's what I wanted for my own, but between my dress style, and fear of wind in Sept (hurricane season) I'm thinking I may have to do it partly up...I'm going to see if she can do it in a way that I can take down later, after the beach part is over!  Thanks for the tips!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_sharing-nags-head-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:38368d20-f595-4ba3-a081-1c61cb631ddePost:865143e9-9764-492d-ae4a-d2b82d4a0535">Re: Sharing my Nags Head wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing! What event house did you use?
    Posted by ksj10032782[/QUOTE]

We didn't host a formal reception at the house, since our reception was at Pamlico Jack's, but we had three houses for staying/honeymooning: Criscotoan and our parents were in two other ones off Virginia Dare Trail-I will have to look them up, but they are across the street from Criscotoan.
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing...and Congratulations!!
  • seashells12seashells12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lovely slideshow of your wedding! Looks like you had cupcakes...who was your baker? My daughter wants to have cupcakes for her wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    How many guests did you have? Did you rent a private room at Pamlico Jack's?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards