North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Some Guest Welcome Bag Ideas You Can Steal

Hey Ladies,
I'm freshly back from a fantastic weekend in OBX. We got lots done and I wanted to share some fun ideas we stumbled upon.

For Welcome Bags-
At the Outer Banks Visitor's Center they gladly provided us with a BOX FULL of brochures and maps of the area (which I am going to personalize with markers of our fav places). Then, while lunching at our fav deli in Nags Head, we discover a cherry cola called Cheerwine. It's made locally and totally delicious! We bought a case. They also had small bags of Outer Banks Kettle Corn. Super cute and made locally by 2 young ladies who are only ages 9 & 14! How cool is that? So we placed an order with them as well.

Hope everyone's planning is going well! Feel free to contact me if you are interested in the items I mentioned and I can help you.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Some Guest Welcome Bag Ideas You Can Steal

• Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooo, forgot about Cheerwine!  Great idea.
  • Options
    dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH - I have another good one for you!  We placed an Outer Banks Candle Company votive in our welcome bags and they were a big hit.  They are hand-poured by the sweetest lady - her name is Kimber.  They smell delicious! 

http://www.theouterbankscandlecompany.com/
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Perfect idea.
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Great idea on the candles!

• Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Definitely checking these out.  Too bad the blue (my color) is coconut.  Can't stand coconut.  Love grapefruit though.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where do you place an order for the Kettle Corn? I would love to support some youths!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_oot-bag-ideas-can-steal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:3cbf9646-9637-4e33-936c-eb8ab98b564ePost:301cc571-a6f0-4184-be83-02beca1e6361">Re: Some Guest Welcome Bag Ideas You Can Steal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where do you place an order for the Kettle Corn? I would love to support some youths!
    Posted by skford911[/QUOTE]

Here's the website for the Kettle Corn: <a href="http://www.obxkettlecorn.com" rel='nofollow'>www.obxkettlecorn.com</a>
    The about us page talks about how the two young ladies started the business, very cool.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should have also mentioned, we bought the kettlecorn to try and it was $2 a bag, but ordering in bulk directly from the gils brings the price to about 25cents a bag. Great deal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards