North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Harris Teeter cakes

Hey Knotties,
   Has anyone tried Harris Teeter wedding cakes in the OBX? I'm trying to save money and we only have about 15 people to feed. I'm sure I could get a much cheaper cake there than the bakeries in OBX, but I want to make sure it will taste good. Thanks in advance! -Sam
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Harris Teeter cakes

• Options
    We did a cake buffet and a small two-tiered cutting cake. They told us that they really don't do these "wedding cakes" anymore because the frosting they use is not meant to stand up to the heat that a lot of beach brides are expecting them to hold up to. Their pre-made various flavors of cake are really yummy, but not sure you'll be able to get an actual wedding cake from them anymore.
  • Options

I used Atlantic Cake Co and it was soooo yummy and Susan is great to work with!  I know several of the brides have used Great Cakes....my SIL also used them a few years ago and it was very very good :)

• Options
    We used Sweet-e-pies. Robin was a lot cheaper than the other bakers we looked at...
  • Options
    I have not tried sweetie pies yet, but the cheapest price qoute I got was $65 for a 9" cake. Was sweetie pies cheaper than that. I just cant see paying that much for a tiny littlle cake... I talked to harrie teeter and they said that they can do a small two teir cake for $40 and I can bring them the chocolate shells. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My cake from Sweet-e-pies was $4.50 a serving for key lime with raspberry filling and chocolate with strawberry filling. (So pretty similar to your other quote.) The cake was delicious and I recommend checking it out!
  • Options
    You could check out Icing on the Cake too.  It's the same woman who runs Argyle's catering.  That's who we're getting our cake through.  We met with her in June and her cakes were very delicious-she has a ton of different flavors and fillings.  She also claimed that she has the most reasonable cake prices in the Outer Banks.  I know she doesn't charge anything additional for a different flavor or different filling.

http://www.icingonthecakes.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards