North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Caterers..

I'm really looking for a caterer who is good, but also provided their own dishes and possibly own bar wear. Does anyone have a recommendation? My rental fees are starting to get a little high, so if I could possibly cut back on this, it would help. Thanks :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Caterers..

• Options
    Kelly's!  They were one of my favorite vendors.  They have a flat rate and include dishes, silverware, glassware, tablecloths, napkins (both in white), etc.  The only thing that costs extra is hiring a bartender ($150 for the night).  The food was amazing and the service was perfect... highly, highly recommend!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_caterers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:4417998e-b6dc-49fd-8851-a35ec0ef97c3Post:6fbd621c-5cab-4eed-90f8-8d9b24b22003">Re: Caterers..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kelly's!  They were one of my favorite vendors.  They have a flat rate and include dishes, silverware, glassware, tablecloths, napkins (both in white), etc.  The only thing that costs extra is hiring a bartender ($150 for the night).  The food was amazing and the service was perfect... highly, highly recommend!
    Posted by jendem8[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks Jen! They're on my list as well. I'll definitely give them a call. All the separate rentals are all adding up and I'm hoping to stay under $8500 which as you all must know is hard lol.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    We tasted with Red Sky and Coastal Provisions. Coastal Provisions was delicious, we ended up going a different route, so I'm not 100% sure of their policy on providing plates, etc. I would contact the caterers that interest you and go from there. I wouldn't let them not providing that stuff allow you to not use that caterer if you really like their food. Try getting rental prices and see how much that adds into your cost. IMO I would think caterers providing those things would charge more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many people are you having?  We paid less than $4,000 for 55 (including 2 bartenders, tax, and gratuity).  They also don't charge any extra for cake cutting (some other places did) and they lit all of my candles (which was a ton) - all included.  They also happen to have the best balsamic vinaigrette and best crab cakes ever!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Also, we had a pretty "high-end" (not sure how else to put it) and extensive menu (4 entrees among a variety of other appetizers and food), but they'll definitely work with your budget.  They're super professional too - no communication gaffs at all (unlike some other caterers that I talked to and vendors that I worked with).  Also - best tasting ever - we had to bring the leftovers back to the hotel room!  Good luck!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    jendem- did you tip kelly's anything extra at the end of the night? just curious since we are getting close to our wedding now :)
    115 Invited image
    73 Accepted image
    37 Declined image
    5 Are MIA image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No, we did not.  A few guests tipped the bartenders, but we were told that any tips like that would be split amongst the entire staff ("They all work just as hard," Mary Ann said).  We did not tip above the 18% gratuity though (I honestly don't think that many people do).
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Ortega'z!!! I loved them!!! Everyone loved the veggies and raved about the fish! (Hmm... sorry about all the !!!!! marks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards