North Carolina-Outer Banks

Shuttle

Has anyone hired any shuttle services for your reception or wedding for the guest?  We are having our reception at our beach house and parking will be a issue for sure.  I was trying to think of the ways to handle this issue.

Re: Shuttle

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Let me know when you find out because I'm having the same issue. We're torn between two event homes - the first one we like and the parking situation is much easier, but the second we LOVE and the parking would be a huge problem. I know our realtor said that a lot of times guests can park in nearby shopping centers - the realty company will work it out with them. Maybe talk to your realtor about it? They want to get that sale from you, surely they'll be willing to do a little legwork!
  • I got a shuttle from Island Limos. It was the 35 passenger shuttle and they let me split the time.  2 hours  before the reception and then 3 hours later on that night.  It was $750-$800 and I honestly think that I wasted my money.  Less people then I expected used it.  We were lucky in the fact that our event home "Quack Shack" had a huge driveway and a couple extra cars didn't hurt.  But the people at Island limos were super nice, helpful, polite, and on time so if you need a shuttle I recommend them.
  • jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We're using OBX Trolley.  It's a little on the pricey side, but it's pretty and will serve us for 10 hours ($1,500 for that amount of time).
    image June 22, 2012
  • I am honestly trying to recruit volunteers to "shuttle" the older people, and for others I think it would be ok to walk since the access is super close to the house.  I honestly don't think I can afford the shuttle prices.  When we went to a OBX wedding last year we walked to & from the house it wasn't too bad. 
  • I've rented Stella the Trolley for the day - going to take our wedding party everywhere in the am, then take people to the ceremony, then take them back at the end of the night.  Stella only fits about 45, so we also hired Sandy Beach Tours to take one round to the ceremony. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards