North Carolina-Outer Banks

Just Engaged!

We are considering a destination wedding! We are looking into an event home or a venue. We are unsure yet of how many guests will attend and I see there is limit on a lot of the homes on how many guests you can have... Has anyone gotten married @ the Hilton Garden Inn Kitty Hawk? Im new to all of this so any suggestions would be great!!!

Re: Just Engaged!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!  I considered the Pier House at the Garden Inn b/c it is just so gorgeous but we decided to rent an event home and have the reception there, as we want a more intimate feel.  Im pretty sure that I will have a white tent as well since its a May wedding...never can tell with the weather in Nags Head.  A great place to start is http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org and www.obxbrides.com If you do decide for an event home, make sure you read the fine print as many have a limit on # of guests due to water/sewer laws and some charge a wedding fee AND an event fee..  I was like wow!!  when I first started learning all of this.  If you are having a large wedding you may want to consider the Grande Ritz Palm or if Nags Head maybe Park Place with Carolina Designs Realty. 

It takes a lot of time to sort through all of the event/wedding homes that has EVERY amenity that you are looking for or even the perfect reception site....it can be a quite tedious process actually!  A lot of places pre-reserve 1 year in advance and some can go a lot quicker than others.  In the end, Im sure you will find THE perfect place for your special day!

Again, congrats and happy planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards