North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Decorating inside and pool area of event home?

Does anyone have any pics or ideas to share?

Re: Decorating inside and pool area of event home?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw something I LOVED on a picture that I'm going to steal for my rehearsal dinner at the house.  This couple rented a kayak and had it floating in the pool and overflowing with flowers from the seat.  We are TOTALLY doing this.  FI will rent an ocean kayak to use that week anyway so it will do double duty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

One of the prettiest things I saw was luminaries around the pool.  I think it would serve several purposes:
       Provide lighting during the evening
       Outline the pool so everyone would be aware of it
       Inexpensive (bag, sand, tea light or votive in container)

• Options
    obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this!

• Options
    lindsy310lindsy310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on decorating the pool area of which ever event home i chose also- I recall reading somewhere that you can not use real flowers or real candles in the pool.. I don't know where I got the info from so check with the rental company before ruling it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on decorating around the pool as well...I saw a pic with beach balls that I loved; so if i can find them in the colors I want that is one thing I will be doing. I was planning on using tiki torches for addtional lighting and stringing lights.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The reason for the no flowers or real candles in the pool is simply that they could get into the pool's filtration system.  What a mess that would be!  And your security deposit would be gone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    obxlaurak- I LOVE THAT IDEA! I had to use all caps for emphasis, where did you find that? We were wondering the same thing, at a bridal shower I hosted I put extra large sunflowers in the pool so that they floated. But that idea with the bamboo is really spectacular. I am trying to come up with an idea for my brother (he is in construction/landscaping and needs a project to build) and this is perfect!
  • Options
    angrossangross member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards