North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Event Houses

Alright.. I'm pretty sure I'm set on my 3 choices (Sanderling, "elopement package", Whalehead Club or Jeanette's Pier), but now the little doubting bird is in my ear making me question whether I should look at event houses. So I did a quick search on Brindley & Twiddy, familiar with both of them, and to find a house that's oceanfront, takes dogs, and is in the Duck to Corolla area is very limiting.

Any suggestions ladies??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Event Houses

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't have a suggestion, but I guess I have no choice in the matter, do I? WinkLOL J/K

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's helpful! Go back to work already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You guys are hilarious :)

The dog part is the trick on this one....but I KNOW there are houses b/c I have seen them.  Try Carolina Designs realty b/c my bff's mother's boss is a Judge and he owns one of the houses that I was looking at....and it IS oceanfront and DOES allow pets, I just can't remember the name of it right now.

Make sure you check with other rental companies b/c even though Twiddy and Brindley serve the Duck area, a lot of the other Mgmt companies service them as well. 

Use the www.obxwa.com site for the list of rental companies....you WILL find one, I promise promise :)

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  I posted a thread with a video of Jennette's Pier yesterday so you can really see what it looks like from the inside.  Hope it gives you some good insight :)

• Options
    ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll take a look! I saw the video.. my big concern is that we're probably inviting a max of 40 (4 of the people invited are in Texas, 2 are in Nebraska), so I'm not sure how many will come, so anyway, my concern is the space being way too large for that small number. One of the pros of the Sanderling elopement package is, it does allow for 40 guests, the wedding on the beach that I want, plus the reception there, includes wine, cake, and flowers. We've always stayed in Sanderling and have biked or walked past it, but never gone inside. I'm sure the price is overrated, but there are benefits to having it there.

Thanks for your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    missdysmissdys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I uses the house "park place" through village realty. It was on the beach and i was able to use it as a wedding on the beach and a reception around the pool. I had to pay an event fee to use the house, but it was very accomodating for me and 30 people and cheaper than a 1 day event at another location. We were even allowed to bring my mom's dog and include him in the wedding since village realty is pet friendly.
    Remember my name. You'll be screaming it later.
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I'm using Carolina Bliss to house our immediate family and wedding party, as well as host the reception.  It's split up a little weird (apparently used to be a duplex) but the 2 kitchens will be great and there's a ton of space.  We also needed dog-friendly.  I'm LOVING the idea of having it at the house (so is my Dad, which says a lot since he was not excited about his youngest getting married, at first) because it's the relaxed, party vibe we're going for.   The only thing is, I called in my Aunt to be a day-of coordinator because you lose that by not having it at a venue and I didn't want to be worrying about if all the tables were there and set up correctly, or if everything was done.  I know my family and friends are there to help, so it's okay.
    If that's the last thing you want to worry about, and want yourself & your guests to be hands-off, then I recommend the venue; if it's in your budget.  I found they all got out of my budger very quickly!
    Anyway, I'm very happy about our house with Twiddy and hope you take a look at some more!  They're super helpful over the phone, too, if you give them a call; there's a group of girls dedicated to helping out with the event homes for weddings.

Just my 2 cents!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carolina Designs has lots of houses that allow pets and are oceanfront.  Their web page allows you to narrow down your search specifically.  www.carolinadesigns.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's an absolute must for my dog Baxter to be at our wedding, and of course, be able to stay at our private home. We used Village Realty and they have been amazing! Turns out, they suggested a home that could be used as an event home that didn't show up on my online search because the owners didn't advertise it as being "dog friendly".

However, we provided a picture and description of our dog to the owners and they approved immediately! Just a suggestion to see if the realty company you're using might know of some similar owners that approve dogs on a case-by-case basis!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards