North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

**NEED HELP** CEREMONY LOCATION

We are thinking about booking Duck Woods Country Club for our reception.  The only thing stopping us is figuring out a ceremony site that can accomodate parking for 150 guests.  Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!! Please help if you  can!

Re: **NEED HELP** CEREMONY LOCATION

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Remember that only 70% of your guests will actually attend the wedding and some may be no-shows, which personally is very tacky especially if you have already rsvp'd but it happens...sadly.  Have you asked the Country Club about parking??  Wait, are you having the ceremony somewhere else?  OK I am confused now...do you need ceremony parking or reception parking?  If for ceremony, where is the ceremony going to be at?

• Options
    cbowen32cbowen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Haha sorry for being confusing.  We want to have the ceremony on the beach and the reception at the country club. 

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011

I know that Duck doesnt have any public beach access so thats out.  Hmmmm, this might be a tricky one if you are set on having the ceremony in Duck.  If you were willing to have the ceremony in KDH or Nags Head, you could use the public beach access all day long.  I would recommend callng the local Chamber of Commerce and asking them or even better, ask the coordinator at the Country Club what other brides have done in the past.  Im sure they will help you come up with something!

Happy Planning!

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    p.s.  Looking back on this, you will remember the moment you came over the sand dune and you and your sweetie's eyes meet, you will remember your first kiss as a married couple and you will remember the wonderful night you shared with your friends and family celebrating and dancing the night away. The point is, you will not really remember the fact that you had the ceremony at one beach vs another beach.

I would look at the beach area right at The Hilton Garden Inn/Pier House b.c that is still a quiet area and its super close to Duck....Im sure you will find the right place!

• Options
    cbowen32cbowen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Duck Woods is actually right past the Hilton Garden Inn in Southern Shores.  The parking at the Hilton is for "guests only".  The logistics behind Duck Woods becomes a little more stressful. So we booked the HILTON GARDEN INN PIERHOUSE!! It will be great having the ceremony and reception right there! So excited. Thanks for the help :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards