North Carolina-Outer Banks

Insurance Budleigh andnon Budleigh specific

We have to have insurance to have our wedding at 108 Budleigh. Bonnie suggested our homeowners but ours specifically doesn't cover it. I assume someone else has run into this....

Bonnie told me about Wedsafe to ensure I get deposits back in the case of weather, etc but should I have 2 separate insurances? Has anyone used Wedsafe? What do you recommend?

Re: Insurance Budleigh andnon Budleigh specific

• I can't speak to Budleigh, not having had our wedding there. We also elected to not purchase additional insurance for our wedding even though it was in hurricane season because of our venue's strong weather policy and the comfort it provided for us. Wedsafe does provide additional liability insurance so I would suggest going that route, I wouldn't want to have any issues affecting home owners policy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_insurance-budleigh-andnon-budleigh-specific?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:62be8d1a-98e5-44b0-a98e-6953d72b4942Post:22c18f49-fd4e-4c4b-bea8-cd8de9dd5b40">Re: Insurance Budleigh andnon Budleigh specific</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't speak to Budleigh, not having had our wedding there. We also elected to not purchase additional insurance for our wedding even though it was in hurricane season because of our venue's strong weather policy and the comfort it provided for us. Wedsafe does provide additional liability insurance so I would suggest going that route, I wouldn't want to have any issues affecting home owners policy.
    Posted by ksj10032782[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I got married at an event home and part of the "special event fee" covered an insurance policy, however, I also purchased a separate policy with Wedsafe.  I had a wedding planner and she highly recommended wedding insurance as did our photographer/videographer and several other vendors.  We also got married in hurricane season.   In my job I deal with General Liabilities all the time (situations where people persue claims against companies for all kinds of things.)  I just wanted to make sure we were covered for a number of different situations, hurricanes causing us to have to postpone or cancel,  hurricane and not cancelling and have photos ruined due to the weather, having the band have electrical problems due to weather.  Having a deck collapse because of too many people on it and having guests get injured, guests causing damage to the home, etc....   My policy was roughly $200 for $25,000 worth of coverage.  It was worth it to me to have the peace of mind and protect our investment.  Luckily we did not need it, but it's something that's good to have just in case.  Wedsafe has a number of different policies depending on the amount of coverage you want.  With the event house we were required to have it.    
  • Having our wedding at a venue (Sanderling) they had a very strong hurricane policy and if not able to reschedule our wedding, we would have received a refund. I believe that WedSafe will only refund you if a mandatory evaucuation is ordered, and from several past brides who had this situation happen to them, it was a very big pain to get their money refunded. I am speaking to my particular situation. If you are required to have it, then obviously you have to get it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were married at 108 Budleigh but opted not to get insurance.  I'm not sure what month you're getting married; our wedding was in June, so I wasn't very worried about it.  Bonnie suggested it to us too, but after talking to several others who did not get it, it seemed unnecessary.
    image June 22, 2012
  • The Budleigh contract says "Satisfactory Certificate of insurance indicating general liability insurance including host liquor liability limits of $1,000,000. Coverage naming 108 budleigh as additional insured must be provided."

I asked Bonnie about this, which is what she said my homeowners would likely cover. did you not have this? I understand the decision is mine in terms of weather/getting deposits back but this seems like a must? 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_insurance-budleigh-andnon-budleigh-specific?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:62be8d1a-98e5-44b0-a98e-6953d72b4942Post:496d61e3-5921-40de-9366-9577f33a2580">Re: Insurance Budleigh andnon Budleigh specific</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were married at 108 Budleigh but opted not to get insurance.  I'm not sure what month you're getting married; our wedding was in June, so I wasn't very worried about it.  Bonnie suggested it to us too, but after talking to several others who did not get it, it seemed unnecessary.
    Posted by jendem8[/QUOTE]
  • jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    The contract must have changed.  I signed the contract about 2 years ago, and I did not have to provide any documentation of insurance.  I do remember Bonnie mentioning that homeowners would cover most things that might go wrong (like the bride who decided to do the sparkler exit inside due to rain and caught the rug on fire...).  So I would talk to whatever company you have for homeowners first, but Wedsafe is only a few hundred if you do end up having to go that route (it does cover more than deposits - there's a liability portion too).  Good luck.
    image June 22, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards