North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

What Checks Do You All Have Left??

Good Morning All,
I am just wondering what everyone has checked off already? I feel like I'm a little scattered in my planning, I have 4 different spreadsheets and lists on 2 different computers and I need to FOCUS! So, tell what you have done already and what you still have left to do?

Here's my list (I think)...
Done:
Invitations
Dress
Jewelry & Veil (for me & BMs)
Venue
DJ
Florist
Officiant
Registry
Photographer
Violinist
Cake

Not Done:
Flowers
Honeymoon
Groom & GMs Outfits
Shoes for me & BMs
Rings!
Favors
License
Programs
Guest Book
Hair & makeup trials

YIKES! I've still got lots to do! How about you??

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: What Checks Do You All Have Left??

• Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I feel the same way Sarah.  I feel like I have wedding stuff everywhere...a little at work, a little at home, reception decor and dress accessories at my mom's but here's a list of things I have done and still do...

Done
    Invites
    Venue
    Officiant
    Catere
    Dress
    Suits
    Photographer
    Centerpieces
    Flowers
    Linens
    Cake
    Rings
    Music
    Registry
    Favors

Still To Do
    Rental Chairs
    Alcohol
    Bartender
    Jewelry
    License
    MOH Gift
    Jr Bride Gift

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sarah how about gifts for BM's and GM?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Still To Do:
    Walk down the aisle. ;)  The butterflies are starting to flutter... we're so close!

Sarah- I found out at our last meeting Monday that The Pearl gives you a poster for everyone to sign as their gift to the couple.  We're still doing a postcard album for guests to write notes since we purchased everything, but it's something you might want to think about.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_checks-left?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:7ebd8936-44cf-436c-a185-33933beea83aPost:dceba169-cfd4-4c85-88e4-67a1f1bbf454">Re: What Checks Do You All Have Left??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still To Do: Walk down the aisle. ;)  The butterflies are starting to flutter... we're so close! Sarah- I found out at our last meeting Monday that The Pearl gives you a poster for everyone to sign as their gift to the couple.  We're still doing a postcard album for guests to write notes since we purchased everything, but it's something you might want to think about.
    Posted by ms_teach[/QUOTE]

Teach- So excited for you!! Thanks for the Pearl info. That's funny cause Trish told me about the poster but said I would have to pay for it if we wanted it....hmmmm, maybe she likes you more? lol
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_checks-left?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:7ebd8936-44cf-436c-a185-33933beea83aPost:c72d1d8c-5de8-41ea-b15a-8502adaa8f1f">Re: What Checks Do You All Have Left??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah how about gifts for BM's and GM?
    Posted by Phillyboy06[/QUOTE]

Philly- forgot to add that to the list! I got gifts for my BMs but I know my FI hasn't even thought about it for his guys....not surprising since he is Mr. Last Minute :)
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I have a lot done but still a lot more to go, so my list seems endless at this point, lol.

I have checked a lot of things off already this week, so I am psyched about that.

Guess what ladies?

I GOT MY DRESS MONDAY NIGHT!!!  It fits like a glove and no alterations needed!

The manager kind of ruined "the moment" for me with her foul and nasty attitude b/c no one told us that the balance had to be paid before I even tried on the dress!  Seriously, she wouldn't even let me try it on until the balance was paid...wtf!  I wasnt even taking it home then, just trying it on.  My sister who lives 4 hours away and is the one buying my dress as a gift to me, threw a shiit-fit over the phone.  Paying for it wasn't the issue...just that no one told us this beforehand.  My sister told her "that is my baby sister who is close to tears so you need to do whatever it takes to make her happy and I mean right now b/c if I talk to her in an hour and she is still upset, you will have a far greater problem on your hands then this phone call right now.  So, I suggest you get off the phone and start making her happy"  I have felt my sister's wrath before and I felt sorry for the manager....well, not really b/c she was a mega-bioootch and deserved it.  I mean her whole attitude was just negative and downright rude.  She is someone that should NOT be working in the wedding dress industry if she is going to be so negative on such a special day for a bride-to-be. 

Wow....sorry I rambled but I had to get that out.  Anyways, the dress is awesome and it is now safely at mom's house :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBX-
    So happy you got your dress!!!! And how awesome you don't need any alterations! But I'm so sorry you had to deal with that bitchy manager, I've never heard of them making a bride pay B4 trying their dress on! That is totally ridiculous. If I were you, once you're done dealing with them, post a review about this so no other bride has the same experience. I hope you didn't let her ruin the moment for you. And I'm glad your sister has your back. She's sounds like a tough cookie :)

PS- how could you wait til Wednesday to tell us? lol
  • Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_checks-left?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:7ebd8936-44cf-436c-a185-33933beea83aPost:185a2218-c311-40d5-8cd3-57cad328a5b9">Re: What Checks Do You All Have Left??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a lot done but still a lot more to go, so my list seems endless at this point, lol. I have checked a lot of things off already this week, so I am psyched about that. Guess what ladies? I GOT MY DRESS MONDAY NIGHT!!!  It fits like a glove and no alterations needed! The manager kind of ruined "the moment" for me with her foul and nasty attitude b/c no one told us that the balance had to be paid before I even tried on the dress!  Seriously, she wouldn't even let me try it on until the balance was paid...wtf!  I wasnt even taking it home then, just trying it on.  My sister who lives 4 hours away and is the one buying my dress as a gift to me, threw a shiit-fit over the phone.  Paying for it wasn't the issue...just that no one told us this beforehand.  My sister told her "that is my baby sister who is close to tears so you need to do whatever it takes to make her happy and I mean right now b/c if I talk to her in an hour and she is still upset, you will have a far greater problem on your hands then this phone call right now.  So, I suggest you get off the phone and start making her happy"  I have felt my sister's wrath before and I felt sorry for the manager....well, not really b/c she was a mega-bioootch and deserved it.  I mean her whole attitude was just negative and downright rude.  She is someone that should NOT be working in the wedding dress industry if she is going to be so negative on such a special day for a bride-to-be.  Wow....sorry I rambled but I had to get that out.  Anyways, the dress is awesome and it is now safely at mom's house :)
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Yay for the dress!  Boo for the service.

I feel like I've got about the same items on my list as most of you.  Lots I can't do until all the RSVPs come in, or closer to the day.

TO DO:
    Order linens
    Rentals
    Flowers
    Set makeup/hair appt
    Gifts
    Confirm ceremony order with Reverend
    Finish programs and OOT bags
    Book flights/car rental
    Music (iPod)
    Alterations
    Buy Liquor
    Final Payments!
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    LOL....I know, I know!  I should have said something sooner...bad obx2011!  lol

This was at Alfred Angelo of all places....that is what really threw me for a loop.  She said they have had girls try on the dress before, put it in the bag and walk out of the store.  I said "are you implying that I will do that?  It's not my problem if YOUR staff isn't paying attention"  and btw, THEY are the ones that put you in and out of the dress, so I don't buy the walking out the door thing for a second.

And yes, I will be posting a review.  Sis says that yelps.com is a review site.  Do you know where else I could post this?

Big sis is pretty bad-ass....always someone you want in your corner, not against you.  Kind of like me and BBoo....lethal is the word that comes to mind really, lol.

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Sarah....what part of DC are you in?

My sis and hubby have a home in Blacksburg at VTEch and also an apt in Arlington b/c he is doing some work up there for the next year.

We should totally meet up for lunch or something next time I am in the area!  :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBX- We live about 20 mins from downtown DC. I would LOVE to meet up! Arlington is not far from me at all.

For your bad review, I most frequently read the Google Page reviews for businesses. If you search for the specific store location, you can post a review just on that store page vs. the entire Alfred Angelo company. I posted a bad review on there after receiving very rude service at a salon and the next week the owner contacted me and offered a free service. So, you never know!
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Nice perk with the salon visit.  I will definitely check that site out.

Sis lives in the Ballston area of Arlington, so I will let you know the next time I am in the area :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Truth be told, the 3 of us (me, OBX and sis) are quite nice and very friendly people BUT when someone does us wrong, watch out. 

I think OBX had to wait a day to make sure her fumes were not posted on here with expletives.  It was so upsetting. 

I told the manager that I had never seen such poor customer service and that her policy (she kept saying policy) was fine but that there is a way to handle every situation.  I told her that they needed to take ownership of the problem and handle it in a much friendlier way.  BTW, her exact words were "YOU NEED TO PAY YOUR BALANCE."  OBX said what are you talking about and she repeated it in the say bad tone.  Nothing like, "Oh, I apologize if there is a misunderstanding."  NEVER, just kept the policy line going.  And she kept saying that this was and "alteration appointment".  They were never doing the alterations.

Needless to say, we left with the dress as I doubt I will ever have a need to go there again.  Oh, almost forgot, that I had to almost force her to take my card for the balance.  Crazy.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a weird experience! I'm so sorry for all 3 of you girls that this happened at all! I'm supposed to get my first fitting in 2 weeks and if anyone tries to pull this with me, I'll be getting you girls on speakerphone! LOL
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I got you Sarah...no worries ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OBX- I went to Alfred Angelo to try on dresses, first place I went.  I also had a bad experience.  They gave me a booklet to look at, and I picked out a few dresses to try on.  I asked her for a particular dress, and the girl goes to me, "Well, it's the same shape as this one (meaning another dress I had picked out), so if you like the way this one fits, then I'll get you that one to try on."  Like REAAAALLY???  Just get me whatever dress I want to try on.  So I tried on like 4-5 dresses, then when she was done helping me with those, she never offered for me to look around the store, she never offered me to try on more dresses, she just told me to get dressed.  I was like, ok this is very odd.  I don't care if I would have found my dream dress there (which I know I wouldn't have since I barely tried anything on), I would not have bought a dress from that, for a lack of better term, b****!  Ok, sorry for venting.  I got my dress from David's Bridal, and they were wonderful each time!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrissie,
    I'm so sorry you had this awful experience!! Wow, I will not be giving out any Alfredo Angelo recommendations to future brides! Geez....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Alfred Angelo and had a great experience.  I think it just depends on the city.  I'm sorry you ladies didn't have the same!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards