North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Where are YOU staying?

So, after finding hotels and housing options for my guests, I realized my FI and I don't have a place to stay yet!

Are you getting a honeymoon suite for the wedding night? Staying in a group house with friends/family?

I keep going back and forth, and would love to hear what other brides are doing :)
115 Invited image
73 Accepted image
37 Declined image
5 Are MIA image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where are YOU staying?

• Options
    The week leading up to the wedding we're staying in one of the two large houses most of our families are staying in--I'll be in a room with my sister and a friend and Dan will be in a room with his Best Man and maybe my brother. We have a room (the cheapest possible--ha!) at the Sanderling for Friday and Saturday nights and aren't leaving for our HM until Monday because we wanted to maximize our time with our guests at the beach for the weekend.
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    My parents and family rented their own house as did H's family.  We decided to rent our own house for the week so we could get away from all of the madness and have some time to ourselves.  We very much enjoyed spending time with our families, but we were thankful to have a place to just relax & unwind without constantly being asked a million questions.

We rented a 4BR semi-of that was pet friendly for $895 for the week and I have a list of homes that I have kept if you are interested.  There are some 1-2 BR cottages that you can get for like $500-$650 in the off-season!  Let me know if you are interested and I will share what I have :)

Here is one of many:

http://www.obxcola.com/details.asp?unit=RA

It's a 1Br that is pet-friendly with a hot tub for $595 in mid October....that's cheaper than a hotel for the week!

• Options
    We stayed in the house with family/friends all week. It worked out fine for us because we liked spending time with them, but we also went on a separate honeymoon for 16 days a few weeks later. I think we still would have stayed with them regardless though since we had an event home wedding.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options

Leading up to the wedding FI is staying at the house his parents rented and Im staying at the house my paretns rented. Even though there is a bridal suite in the house where the wedding is, we have reserved a hotel suite for the wedding night. We thought it would be sort of awkward to head into the bridal suite on our wedding night with my parents right across the hall - haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're staying at the house, it sleeps 10. We're not sticking to the tradition of not staying together the night before. We're going on a honeymoon a few weeks later, so we'll have alone time later.
  • Options
    We're staying in a house with our bridal party the week of the wedding (excluding the night before when he will stay with his family).  We'll be at the bridal party house following the wedding for 2 more nights, and then we're leaving for our honeymoon straight from the OBX.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I think we will probably stay at a group house before but end up getting our own place for the wedding night :)
    115 Invited image
    73 Accepted image
    37 Declined image
    5 Are MIA image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_where-are-you-staying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:7ed36fa5-a3f1-4733-bfdb-f792892977baPost:2d920172-6363-49bb-8c0c-e46894bb2d8a">Re: Where are YOU staying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! I think we will probably stay at a group house before but end up getting our own place for the wedding night :)
    Posted by kjerl[/QUOTE]

For your wedding night, I would recommend Oasis Suites or The Cameron House Inn as they have a private HM suite :)

• Options
    We have two small children so we are staying in the house my parents rented for all two weeks we'll be there.  However, after the main wedding weekend is over, we may head to the Sanderling (or something) for a night or two to get some alone time :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards