North Carolina-Outer Banks

newly engaged, ? about event home

Hi I just got engaged and we have have our hearts set on OBX! I have been reading a lot of the posts and keep seeing talk about event homes, which seems ideal for a larger wedding. We are planning on having 12 other people at our wedding, and want to have a small catered reception at the house we rent, do you need to tell the rental company that before you book?

Also, does anyone know when the 2013 rental prices will be listed?

So exciting!!  these blogs are soo helpful

Re: newly engaged, ? about event home

• Hi and welcome! The Outer Banks is a beautiful place to get married. The rule of thumb is if the number of guests you are having doesn't exceed the number of people who can sleep at the house, then you don't have to tell anyone. So if the house can sleep 25 people, and that's the total number of guests at the house, you should be safe. Although some brides have not told the rental company and just plead ignorance if they were caught, up to you. One option to look into is the route we went, which is the elopement package at the Sanderling, which includes flowers, cake and officiant, plus a room for the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding. Just a suggestion. I'm not sure what the price is for 2013. I think most rental rates come out in early 2013, you can book homes now, but the prices may change. I would check with the rental company.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're using Beach Realty and their rates for 2013 just came out! If someone put down a hold fee on a house the down payments are due the end of October so keep that in mind if you are looking at a house but it isn't available. I'm thinking that people may have put holds down on houses but might not have the money or want to confirm with the deposit! I think a lot of other realtors come out with the 2013 rates at this time of the year because hurricane season is almost over and now they don't have to worry about storm damage increasing the cost of the rental properties! We found our house in August and even though they rates weren't available yet I talked with the rental companies and they told me the 2012 rates and most of them said the rates would stay about the same for 2013. Our home is the same rate as it was in 2012! Good luck!
  • Awesome, thank you. Yeah I don't see our reception being more than a nice dinner and some drinks. I looked into the sanderling, that seems like a good deal, especially because officiants for ceremony and rehearsal are so pricey, def.adds up!
  • Nice! When's your wedding? Are you going to the expo? I found a house end of august and like you said they just released prices...thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards