Options

Favors

What are you girls doing for favors?

Re: Favors

• Options
    LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donating to the Wild Horse Fund in the guest's names.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing taffy wrapped with ribbon in our colors and closed with a beach-themed wine charm. Pics in bio.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    photo booth (so guests will get copies of the strips they take) and a cookie table with bags to take cookies home!
  • Options
    HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did an instant lottery ticket like the one in the picture below; however, we forgot to put them out (and I don't think anyone noticed), so we scratched them all off the next day!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice ideas girls! 

HStafford- you win anything?!
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I really don't know yet....it's a surprise, lol.

My SIL wanted to do my favors as a gift to me and she won't tell me what they are.  She simply asked if I trusted her and I said of course and it was left at that...she has great taste so I'm not worried.  Now, she is a manager at Godiva Chocolates and last summer she mentioned something to me about having chocolate seashells in the store and how cute it would be, so I'm thinking those may be the favors.  We shall see....

• Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing NC lottery tix too.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Chrissie - I wish!  We bought 100 tickets and only won a couple of $5, $1 and tickets... but forgot to cash them in before leaving the state - oops!!
  • Options
    jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking it would be hard for out of towners to carry anything back with them, I love all the ideas above! 

If the love lotto ticket is still in manufacture next year, I think I will go with that!  Thanks for the ideas!
  • Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Milk and white hocolate covered Oreos that I am making in white, blue and brown.  I am including them in the candy bar.  I did a trial run this weekend and brought them into the office.  They said they were delicious.  How could chocolate covered anything not be good?

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Ok Mpar definitely wins the best favors....like E-V-A-R!!!

Those are really really awesome...and they sound very tasty.  You should mail me some so I can taste test for you, lol

• Options
    eeforbeseeforbes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we will do chocolate covered pretzels that I will make:

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/03/26/diy-project-chocolate-covered-pretzels/
  • Options
    jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK, I am a moron, I thought the lotto tix themselves said "love", just looked at the pic more closely and see it was a sticker that said love.  haha, either way, still a cute idea!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:820d97bb-edd6-4652-bacb-c3d16b6725d1Post:d29ff9a4-21f6-4d97-91c8-a28580d9c836">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok Mpar definitely wins the best favors....like E-V-A-R!!! Those are really really awesome...and they sound very tasty.  You should mail me some so I can taste test for you, lol
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

OBX, send me your address.  :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBX, waiting on your address.  My niece and nephews are gobbling these up.
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011

Well....since you are twisting my arm I will just have to give it up, lol.

YGPM in 2 mins :)

BUT....what will I send y-o-u in return?  Hmmmmmm???

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are having Mini beach balls printed with our names and OBX Memorial Day Weekend 2012 or something.  We haven't officially decided.  They are really cute and not all that expensive.  I think its going to be about $125 for 100 of them and that includes the setup fee.  I think you have to order at least 100 though.  Also, I loved someone else's ideas about the flip flops for dancing.  I'm totally stealing that :)  We'll probably only put out about 30 pairs though.  Finally, we are getting flip flop bottle openers for the rehearsal dinner attendees. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:820d97bb-edd6-4652-bacb-c3d16b6725d1Post:8aee7a3c-9fc9-4e6c-86c1-65937be659d2">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]photo booth (so guests will get copies of the strips they take) and a cookie table with bags to take cookies home!
    Posted by llilley[/QUOTE]
    <font color="#008000">We're doing the exact same things!  where are you getting the bags- have you found them yet?  My Mom grabbed all the Italian Cookie recipes from my Dad's family (the Italians) and tried them out so she'll be making those</font>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards