North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Heavy Hors d'oeuvres or Buffet Dinner?? Opinions Needed!!

Hi Ladies!

So I am unsure as to doing heavy hors d'oeuvres or a buffet dinner?  We are getting married on the beach and our recption is at 108 Budleigh.  Our wedding is more on the less formal side but not too casual, nothing super fancy or anything glitzy.

Can you ladies please give me your opinions on the dinner options??  I just dont know which way to go and any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Heavy Hors d'oeuvres or Buffet Dinner?? Opinions Needed!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think either way is nice.
    I'm doing a buffet dinner of 3 stations (our 3 favorite types of food) so we are having light hors d'oeuvres.
    My opinion isn't much help in figuring out what to do, but in many instances heavy hors d'oeuvres end up costing as much as a dinner only because you are supplementing the substance of food.  I hope I said that right :)
    Good luck and I'm sure whichever way you go, your guests and you will love the food!  I've heard nothing but great things about them as a caterer.
  • Options
    HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same issue and we decided on heavy hors d'ouerves.  Since it is more of a laid back setting being on the beach, our wedding planner convinced us that it would be more social and laid back to do it this way.  We will have various tables set up, which the florist seems to like so that she can play with the decorations, and this way we don't have to worry about seating assignments, etc. and everyone can mingle with whomever they would like rather than just the people at the table. 

It was a hard decision to make, at first I was very against it and wanted the more traditional route, but finally decided on the heavy apps.  I agree with the bride above, I'm sure both will be great - it just depends on the atmosphere of the reception.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think all sound like great ideas. We are doing a tapas style dinner...we are serving a few hors d'oeuvres and then having a salad station, three dinner tapas, a starch & veg. Honestly anything goes these days, just be comfortable with what you are doing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards