North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Locations??

Hi Ladies!

So I was curious where everyone was doing their rehearsal dinners?? Also... who is generally invited to the rehearsal dinner.. just the close family and bridal party?

Anyway... any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations??

• Options
    SNUFF11311SNUFF11311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I am trying to find a rehearsal dinner place as well! ! So far I have heard that Red Sky and High Cotton are good. Any other recommendations?

I am inviting just close family and the bridal party and their dates.

Thanks!
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking myself. I think we may go with High Cotton BBQ, but not totally sure yet. Hopefully some brides will respond to this post who have already had good/bad experiences with doing rehearsal dinners in the area....
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Red Sky.  We had our family and bridal party only and then invited everyone else who was in town to meet up with us at The Sunset Grille just down the street.  We did the dinner pretty early, like 4:00 and then had everyone meet us at 6:30.  We had the whol resturante and it worked out really well.  I would also say our guests had a great time at sunset grille afterwards.  The people who did not come to the dinner were able to grab a bite and still mingle with everyone.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

Does anyone know if Sunset Grill has a room rental fee? It's only 20 people. I have to give them a call.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are getting ours catered at our event home.  This way, any alcohol can be provided by us, rather than paying restaurant prices.  We may have a meet and greet at a bar afterwards however.  I think we are going to invite whomever has already arrived in town...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We are using Pamlico Jack's (formely Penguin Isle) b/c of their gorgeous sunset and soundside water views.  They do not charge a room fee.  I personally think it's silly to charge a fee for this b/c you are basically guaranteeing that X amount of people will fill those seats, order food and drinks and on top of that, they include the gratuity so it's not like they aren't making a pretty penny from all of this.

• Options
    dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Aqua S in Duck and it was amazing!!  More details in my vendor review from early May.  Lynette was a dream to work with and the food was spectacular.  Plus, you can't beat the setting on the sound for sunset.

We had a small wedding (45 people total, including about 1/2 dozen kids), so we invited everyone to the rehearsal dinner as a welcome/ kickoff to the wedding.  It was a blast!   
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_rehearsal-dinner-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:8d4f2380-4509-475e-9609-687f4b41710fPost:91c535b1-3ba3-4a18-afcf-b133701148d0">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Does anyone know if Sunset Grill has a room rental fee? It's only 20 people. I have to give them a call. Thanks!
    Posted by SNUFF11311[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. I think it's close to $300. We were considering them but it seemed like too much to pay in addition to the cost of the meal.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

One thing to consider with Sunset Grille. . . Their outside is so nice so you may not want a room anyway.  When we went we just all hang out on the decks together.  So maybe not the best place for dinner, but a great place to get together with everyone who traveled in for your wedding.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on Sunset Grille! Yea, I don't really want to spend $300 for a room rental. The girl I just talked to sounded like she didn't have a clue. She said they didn't have a room rental. Thanks for all the good suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Thanks everyone for the tips! A room fee definitely seems like too much in addition to food and drinks... I will keep looking around!
  • Options
    obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take it from me, Sunset Grille is not the best service and food wise.  I've eaten there 4 times and every time ask myself "Why did I go back?"

We haven't planned anything yet, but when fiance and I talk, we'd really like our RD at Owen's in Nags Head.  It's our favorite.  However, if we have a big RD (invite all of the out of town guests) we probably will do something more casual, like a BBQ.  One of the 900 million things to decide between now and next fall!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that Sunset Grille is just ok - however, its a beautiful spot on the sound.  So, the atmosphere kind of makes up for it.
    For our rehearsal dinner we are also having it catered at our beach house.  Food Dudes is catering it and they come and cook/grill everything at the house, which is pretty cool.
    Shawn is a really nice guy and easy to work with...plus their food is VERY good.  One of my all time fav OBX restaurants is the Rundown and it reminds me a lot of their food.
    By the way - the Rundown was willing to do our rehearsal as well, but they have a minimum and it was more than we had wanted to spend.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards