North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Wild Horse Weddings - wood deck??

I just randomly decided to look at pictures of Wild Horse today, and saw that they replaced the grassy area with a wood deck.  I knew they were having trouble keeping the grass healthy, but I don't think this was the best option.  The wood doesn't even match the other side?!?  I also saw in the pictures that there is another hot tub added.  I wonder if the other one is permanently broken (I've seen other posts where the hot tub didn't work during the wedding week).

Has anyone been there to see it in person?  Is it better than the pictures?  I'm trying not to freak out about it.

Re: Wild Horse Weddings - wood deck??

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_wild-horse-weddings-wood-deck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:958257da-8660-47c2-a1f5-445aec3a21edPost:4810c15c-c7cc-49a4-a88a-d706c7864116">Wild Horse Weddings - wood deck??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just randomly decided to look at pictures of Wild Horse today, and saw that they replaced the grassy area with a wood deck.  I knew they were having trouble keeping the grass healthy, but I don't think this was the best option.  The wood doesn't even match the other side?!?  I also saw in the pictures that there is another hot tub added.  I wonder if the other one is permanently broken (I've seen other posts where the hot tub didn't work during the wedding week). Has anyone been there to see it in person?  Is it better than the pictures?  I'm trying not to freak out about it.
    Posted by wgraczyk79[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it in person, but my brother lives just down from it and can ask him to cruise by...

I wouldn't worry too much about the decking.  The colors are different b/c the newer deck has brand new wood on it thus making the colors seem different.  The older decking has been hit by wind, salt and sand over the years so it has naturally changed it's color.

Trust me, people will NOT be worried about the different shade of decking, it's just a natural part of building a new deck.

Deep breaths honey...this will be just fine :)

• Options
    wgraczyk79wgraczyk79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...I think I'm mostly over it now.  My FI said the same as you...no one will notice!!  I figured it's better to have a nice deck there instead of rotting grass!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just there in May and the Deck is beautiful.  I will be holding my wedding at the Wild Horse Next April and plan to use that area for dancing.  The colors are not different enough to notice unless you are really looking and want to see something wrong.  The house is so beautiful and in such a wonderful setting you can't go wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards