North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Mad Hatter Centerpiece - how can I make this

By now you know I'm totally of my rocker when it comes to whimsical things... how do you think I can make this or a variation of this for a couple centerpieces?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64980502/giant-lighted-magical-fairy-tree

Just a thought...

Re: Mad Hatter Centerpiece - how can I make this

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Or maybe something like this...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69325640/alice-tea-cup-party-tower-stackable

hmm... maybe I'm becoming a bit of the mad hatter...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't even know where to begin with something like this!!!! I think it looks awesome though. Good luck to you. Hopefully some other girls can help you out.
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only suggestion I have is to start stocking up on the supplies.  I wouldn't even know how to begin to assemble it but they both look awesome.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking lots of hot glue, styrofoam and dowels.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd buy it (mostly bc I am not crafty).  Maybe you can check around online for people selling their's from their weddings. 
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Etsy isn't loading the page for some reason..."technical issues"...but seriously ask BoderBoo for ideas on how to make it.  She is seriously the most creative person I know and I can make just about anything.  Love that woman!!

P.S.  your "totally of my rocker" comment made me spit water out, lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For the first one, your guess is as good as mine. For the second one with the teapots, this one seems pretty do-able. Since there are 3 different elements, you can make them each separately. You will have to find the most epic tea set, lots of gorilla glue, some awesome ribbon and someone who can make picture perfect bows.  It looks like she used the bottom of a cake stand in the pot to hold the next layer up. Maybe get some of that foam core stuff to make fake floral arrangements for adding dowels with the bows on them? And lots of gorilla glue :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards