North Carolina-Outer Banks

Flower girls and what they throw

I promise this will be my last post today... thank you for your patience. :)

Flowergirls - are you having them toss anything? I thought one of you girls once told me you couldn't toss petals on the beach. Is this true? If so, what did you have your little darlings do?

Re: Flower girls and what they throw

• Mine are tossing petals on the beach for sure. They are flowers... I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to throw them on the beach (unless using silk or non biodegradable?)
  • You can toss petals on the beach.....you are fine :)

• Does one need to clean up said flower petals?
  • Ours isn't tossing anything because it will be my 10 month old daughter who will be carried down the aisle :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Rose petals. And those girls loved throwing them. So cute!

We took a stroll on the beach the next morning and saw some of them still there. And I thought, "Awwww, those were from MY wedding."
  • Hi Teach!  Just saw in your other post that your wedding is July 6!  So is mine!  We'll be on the beach up in Corolla.... My "flower girl" is really a junior bridesmaid and she's carrying a little sign that says "here comes the bride" instead of throwing anything.  Here's to a very beautiful July 6 for both of us!!
  • Mine is throwing rose petals because she takes her job VERY seriously so I'm not about to throw a wrench in her plans by asking her to do something non-traditional like carry a sign instead. I do think things like carrying signs or little flags are so cute, but considering her parents bought her silk rose petals to practice a year in advance, we better give her flower petals to throw!
  • You don't have to pick them up as long as they are real.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards