North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

4x4 area- getting guests to house

Did anyone have guests? If so, how did you handle guests who weren't staying at house?

Re: 4x4 area- getting guests to house

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

This can be somewheat tricky if all of your guests don't have a 4x4 but there is a 4x4 company down there that will shuttle your guests back n forth. 

Hope this helps :)

http://www.sandybeachtours.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011

If you are renting from Twiddy, you should check with them.  They have made arrangements with a local from the 4x4 who uses some really cute little white buses to transport their guests.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great tips thank you! We are getting married in 2012 on the 4x4. We've been vacationing there for over a decade and fell in love with the idea and were worried about our families and friends all making it down to the house. SO glad I found your posts! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The website for the shuttle company is www.corollashuttle.com
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered it, because the houses are incredible up there, BUT our good friends got married at a house on the 4x4 (before we met them) and they said although it was beautiful, it was SUCH a headache.  The bride & groom AND the attendees recommended we steer clear; especially my family is busy bodies and wouldn't be okay with sitting in a house all week.  Vendors also charge a good amount more to travel up there...not to burst your bubble (if it's small, you're prob fine- we have 75 ppl though).  Also, our friend, the Bride, ended up pushing her family's car through a dune just after she had gotten her hair done for the big event...not something I wanted to venture through...lol

BUT I do want to go back and vacation at one of thsoe houses some time! (other than my wedding...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards