North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Cake Recommendations

Can you please send me some cake vendor recommendations? I was in OBX last week and went to one tasting. The cake was good but I was little shocked at the price of $9 a slice. With a hundred guests, I would like to keep it a little more moderately priced if possible. Thanks for your help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Recommendations

• Options
    Great post! I've been doing a little cake vendor research myself recently but no tastings. We won't have a chance to taste till the spring when my FI returns from deployment. I wanted to do as much research as I could before then so we would have a few good choices when we travel down to taste the cakes! I've read Great Cakes is really good but they look pricey! 

Thanks for any info!
  • Options
    We used Atlantic cake company. They have their prices on their website. We were in between their estimated counts and got the larger cake. It was very good and held up well after the wedding too! We used a discount they had on facebook so that brought the price down a bit and they throw in the anniversary tier if you spend a certain amount.
  • Options
    Here's the cake part of my vendor reviews:

Sweet-e-pies Cake
    The cake was delicious and beautiful and cheap. Kay lime with fresh raspberry filling and chocolate with fresh strawberry filling. I didn’t have a chance to try the chocolate and all of the left over key lime was gone by Saturday night. Robin was good to work with.

The cake was delicious!
  • Options
    Are you getting married in the northern part of the OBX or Hatteras/Ocracoke?
  • Options
    We tasted with great cakes and Atlantic cakes. Great cakes were delish but very pricey. They also would not do a fake tier. (we have a very small guest list but still wanted the wedding cake look). Atlantic cakes was also delish. Less expensive and offered to do the fake tier. Needless to say that is who we contracted with. You should def check them out.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I will defintiely check out Atlantic and Sweet-e-pies

Re OBXmrs: We are getting married in Corolla.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Argyle's catering has a cake branch called Icing on the Cake.  We're going with them because the wedding cake is free since we're using their catering service.  We tasted several of Debra's cakes and fillings, and they were all very delicious.  She also doesn't charge anything extra for different fillings or different flavors, it's just one flat price for whatever you want.
  • Options
    I also used Atlantic Cake Co and it was sooooo good!  Susan is so easy to work with and can really do anything you ask of her.  Definitely recommend her :)

• Options
    I used Argyles for our catering and the cake was free.  It was a beautiful beach themed cake with adirondack chairs on top and an umbrella.  We had 3 tiers with each tier a different flavor.  Actually top and bottom tier was almond chambord with raspberry filling, and the middle was keylime with white chocolate mousse filling.   
    Debra is really easy to work with , she can make the cake look however you want.  Her food is also really good and they can pretty much make anything you want.  If you don't see something on the menu , she is definitely willing to work with you.  I definitely would love to have some of that food again.  The night went too quick.  I wish I had eaten more, or hidden some leftovers so the rest of the house didn't get to them first.    
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_cake-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:ab034139-631f-460c-8693-4bf20703f448Post:4430228e-cfb1-4a2b-8339-5ed0b39f469c">Re: Cake Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Atlantic cake company. They have their prices on their website. We were in between their estimated counts and got the larger cake. It was very good and held up well after the wedding too! We used a discount they had on facebook so that brought the price down a bit and they throw in the anniversary tier if you spend a certain amount.
    Posted by scharles0917[/QUOTE]
    I second this. We are also going with this company.  They are great and have unbeatable prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards