North Carolina-Outer Banks

How to walk down the aisle..

I know this seems like a silly thought, but it's finally starting to hit me all the crazy little things you think of when it comes down to the wire....

If you're marrying on the beach (and it's not where your beach house is)... how do you time everything so that you aren't seeing your mr in the parking lot?

For that matter, if your whole family is on the beach (at a public access beach) ... how do they know when to stand? (we're not doing music for our ceremony - we just wanted the sound of the ocean)

Re: How to walk down the aisle..

• I would suggest that someone have a cell phone on hand to call whomever is driving you over, to call once your Mr. has left the parking lot and is overtop the dune on the beach.  You could literally be 1 block over in the car on standby so there isn't a lot of waiting.  Remember that the processional does not actually start until the 1st member of your WP starts the walk.  That will help with your timing of everything.

Are you having a WP?  If so, your officiant will know who your MOH & BM are (this will be reviewed at the rehearsal) and he will ask everyone to stand once they are in their places. 

If you are having a flower girl or ring bearer, they will be the last ones to walk and once they are in their places,  the officiant will ask everyone to please stand.

It all depends on whether or not you are having a RB or FG.

Hope this helps :)

• They won't start without you! I promise. All the attendees, groom and BM were on the beach with the Rev. when I showed up at the beach access. There was all of the WP standing in front of me and I was further down the path. So no one could see me until I got to the top of the stairs ready to walk down.

TIP: Make sure you look up and out at the horizon and not where you're stepping in the sand. Otherwise, all of your pictures will be of the top of your head. Your instinct is to look down because your dress will probably be dragging a little because it's hemmed for your shoes. Tell Dad and the groom to slow down and take their time and not drag you through the sand. Plus, you want lots of pictures. There's no rush. Enjoy your moment.

The FGs were so excited during rehearsal that they were pracitcally running down the aisle. I told them to take their time, throw lots of petals and say to themselves,  "One macaroni and cheese, 2 macaroni and cheese..."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_how-to-walk-down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:ad93f3c8-1a59-4562-b736-005b276f2cd4Post:11eb7922-b21b-4a5f-b6ac-a4d9db21102d">Re: How to walk down the aisle..</a>:
    [QUOTE]They won't start without you! I promise. All the attendees, groom and BM were on the beach with the Rev. when I showed up at the beach access. There was all of the WP standing in front of me and I was further down the path. So no one could see me until I got to the top of the stairs ready to walk down. TIP: Make sure you look up and out at the horizon and not where you're stepping in the sand. Otherwise, all of your pictures will be of the top of your head. Your instinct is to look down because your dress will probably be dragging a little because it's hemmed for your shoes. Tell Dad and the groom to slow down and take their time and not drag you through the sand. Plus, you want lots of pictures. There's no rush. Enjoy your moment. The FGs were so excited during rehearsal that they were pracitcally running down the aisle. I told them to take their time, throw lots of petals and say to themselves,  "One macaroni and cheese, 2 macaroni and cheese..."
    Posted by sangriaMaria[/QUOTE]

Thanks for tips Maria~I will for sure keep my eye on the horizon!!! I wouldn't want that dreaded unwanted double chin effect either~ lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards