North Carolina-Outer Banks

Whalehead club vs currituck club

Hi everyone! I got engaged about three weeks ago and we've been planning on doing a September wedding in obx even long before we got engaged...I am so excited to start the planning process! My fianc and I vacation in the corolla area so that is where we want to get married. I actually just got down here today and am going to go look at the currituck club and whalehead clubthose are the two venues I've narrowed down to. I want a sound side ceremony which both places offer, but I'm finding it hard to compare them in price since whalehead doesn't have catering services themselves. Can anybody speak on their experiences with either venue as well as their event staff and pricing?

Re: Whalehead club vs currituck club

• Hi and welcome! You have picked a great spot to get married.

When we went on our wedding planning trip in September of 2011, we met with the Whalehead Club. I had received information from the Currituck Club, but we decided against a golf course route, we wanted something more beachy. The Whalehead Club is absolutely a beautiful location. We decided against it because of the costs, between the fee to have an event there, plus rentals, etc., it was far over our budget. We already knew we were going to have a small wedding, we invited 40, and the costs just didn't seem to make sense. So I would think the Currituck Club would be cheaper from that stand point, but at least with the Whalehead Club, you get to pick what caterer you want. A suggestion would be to look into a sound-front event home, which may work depending on the size of your guest list.

Happy planning and enjoy your time in the OBX!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We decided to go with currituck club since its under budget and Ashley is wonderful! Thanks for the help!
  • I was just going to say that I am using the Currituck Club!  Ashley has been really helpful and she can do a mock event sheet for you so you can figure out exactly what it is going to cost!  I also was too scared to having everything outside and be eaten alive by mosquitos at the whalehead club!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards