North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Suprise Bridal Shower Report

Hey All,
So as some of you may know, I was thrown a suprise shower on Saturday by my MOH, BM & FMIL. Even though my Mom spilled the beans to me and I was expecting it, I was still surprised at the time and place it happened. There were some priceless moments I had to share with you all though.

So, most of the guests were my FMIL's church lady friends whom I have never met. Opening gifts was hilarious because a few of my girlfriends who live out of state sent gifts for me to open- mostly naughty little honeymoon outfits. It was terrible to open a box full of thongs and lingerie and have my FMIL tell me, "Hold it up so I can take a picture". I'm sure my face was red as a beet. LOL! Holy akward having your fiance's Mom see what I'll be wearing for her son on our wedding night. Made all the more akward when she added, "Get to work making those grand babies!" WOW.

At the end of it all, I was overwhelmed with all the gifts we received and how much effort, time and money my girls put into it all. We spent most of Sunday unpacking all our new kitchen stuff and reorganizing. I cannot tell you how excited I am now that we have a MATCHING set of silverware (it's the little things).
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Suprise Bridal Shower Report

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds wonderful- how funny it'll be to look back on those pictures of the lingerie and remember how you felt.  I'm glad it went SO well. 
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a wonderful shower and I'm glad you got some great gifts!
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it.  :)  I think you are supposed to be embarrassed by your mom and FMIL seeing that stuff at your shower, right?  Even more embarrassing, my friend's mom bought her the naughty clothes!!!  I can't wait for mie my FMIL is super fun ;o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So glad you had such a great shower! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My work friends are throwing me a work shower this Saturday! I work with some awesome people! And quite a few of them have been asking my size..... so can't wait for that... haha! Glad you had a nice shower, hope your lingerie is at least cute and worth the awkwardness!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds fun! My shower is this weekend, and I hadn't even though of receiving awkward gifts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_suprise-bridal-shower-report?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:b4aca654-8950-4dd5-a6fa-5f8195711012Post:69445b79-f2be-4448-9034-96b031139ad0">Re: Suprise Bridal Shower Report</a>:
    [QUOTE]My work friends are throwing me a work shower this Saturday! I work with some awesome people! And quite a few of them have been asking my size..... so can't wait for that... haha! Glad you had a nice shower, hope your lingerie is at least cute and worth the awkwardness!
    Posted by ChrissieK5[/QUOTE]

This totally happened to me at my work shower.  I can't remember if I posted the pic here on the OBX board or not... awkward! :)

Sarah, it sounds like you got lots of nice stuff!  It's been so fun using our shower gifts (we waited to unpack until after the wedding).  I feel sort of spoiled eating on new dishes that we didn't buy.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower is in 2 weeks and can not wait!!!!! It's not just seeing what everyone got us but I can't wait to see some friends and family that I haven't seen in quite some time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards