North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Care to Share Knotties?

It's that time of year again ladies/gents......wedding season!!  I know there are a lot of new posters on the board and I thought this would be a good way of getting to know a little bit more about you and your wedding, as well as share ideas with other brides/grooms.  Feel free to share as much or as little as you'd like.

Bride/Groom (first name only):
Proposal:
Wedding Date: 
Ceremony:
Reception:
Colors:
Photographer: 
Flowers:
Cake:
Music:
Officiant:
Hair/Make-up:
Rehearsal Dinner:
Transportation:

Re: Care to Share Knotties?

• Options
    Bride/Groom (first name only): Courtney & Dan 

Proposal: He popped the question on the flight to my best friend's wedding (in Arkansas). The flight attendent made an announcement asking Daniel to please stand (and I thought it was another Daniel, like they were going to sing happy birthday to a kid or something). Then they called my name and I was like "OMG we're getting kicked off the plane!" Then he pulled out the box and asked me to marry him. Everyone on the plane applauded and I just sat there with my jaw on the floor. He said "Now hang on everyone, she hasn't actually said yes yet!" so I just nodded while I bawled like a baby.

Wedding Date: May 18, 2013 (getting close!)

Ceremony: We're holding the ceremony on the beach behind the event home we rented, called Skipper's Jewel in KDH.

Reception: If the weather is nice, it'll be held on the patio of the house. Otherwise, there is a great big living room inside.

Colors: Malibu blue (from David's Bridal), light green, light pink and hot pink. My engagement ring has hot pink stones in it because that's my favorite color :)

Photographer: Coastal Shots (btw Ryan, the owner is SO SO SO hot, holy mother of god)

Flowers: We went with a florist in Virginia Beach where we live. My dad's going to transport the flowers the day before the wedding. Saved us quite a bit of money. I would recommend Renee Landry or The Embellishers. They were both really helpful while we were shopping around.

Cake: Robin with Sweet-e-Pies - she is SO nice and we're going to our tasting on Saturday so hopefully it's delicious, too!

Music: Our ceremony music will be provided by Club Violin, and our DJ is Randy from Soundwaves.

Officiant: Meredith with Bliss Wedding Co. So nice, can't wait to meet her in person on Saturday.

Hair/Make-up: Diva's Day Spa - met them at the Expo and they were HILARIOUS!

Rehearsal Dinner: We're going to Ortega'z most likely. Another Expo find - SO good!

Transportation: Since the ceremony and reception are in the same place, everybody's using their own two feet!
  • Options

May is just right around the corner!  How exciting!  Love the proposal story....now when I see the Jared's commerical where the guy proposes in a plane, I'll think of you.  I've heard really good things about Diva's and Ortegaz, both are great choices.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_care-to-share-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:b63bd60e-1b25-4661-a83e-f27440941c1aPost:cbcbf8a1-6ddf-4567-9130-da3f3811d9ee">Re: Care to Share Knotties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]May is just right around the corner!  How exciting!  Love the proposal story....now when I see the Jared's commerical where the guy proposes in a plane, I'll think of you.  I've heard really good things about Diva's and Ortegaz, both are great choices.
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]
     <div>lol he was so mad when that commercial came out. He was like "Hey I did it first!"</div>
  • Options
    Bride/Groom (first name only): Shelley and Tim

Proposal:  We got a kitten for Christmas.  On New Year's Eve when we were getting ready to have people over, I was literally in a towel putting eye cream on and he told me to come into the kitchen because the cat was acting strange.  I came out, looked, and brushed it off because I had something on a timer in the oven and was in a hurry.  So he picked her up and brought her into the bathroom, and hanging from her collar was the ring.  He took a knee right there in the bathroom with me in a robe and cold cream all over my face.  

Wedding Date: 9.7.13

Ceremony:  Beach

Reception: Gertrude's Breakaway, Corolla

Colors: Not really getting too theme-y, but I like beachy blues and greens

Photographer: TBD

Flowers: DIY- ordering from a wholesale site and putting them in Ball jars with twine around the top.  

Cake: TBD- probably Harris Teeter or may talk to caterer about doing strawberry shortcake since that's our favorite.

Music: ipod

Officiant: My brother-in-law

Hair/Make-up:  TBD, I need suggestions on this.  Don't want to spend too much.  Would love someone who could come to the house.

Rehearsal Dinner: Not doing a formal rehearsal dinner.  Having BBQ at a nearby house on Friday.

Transportation: Everyone is staying within walking distance.
  • Options
    Bride/Groom (first name only): Ardyth and Jeff

Proposal: He first asked me last July when I met him on a port call (he's in the Navy) in Palma, Mallorca, Spain but he didn't have a ring yet! He came home for a couple months and on Valentine's night he gave me a homemade Valentine's Card with "Will you marry me?" inside written using silver letters, then he gave me the ring! Now he is gone again and we're hoping he makes it back before our wedding! Cute story as we went to the OBX wedding expo, where we looked at the house for our wedding, spent the night at The First Colony Inn and watched 2 amazing sunsets on the sound! He had the ring with him the entire weekend but didn't give it to me as he wanted to wait till Valentine's Day which is 5 months before our wedding date! :-)

Wedding Date: July 14, 2013 (Both of my parents have passed so we chose to marry on my Mom's birthday to make the day even more special!)

Ceremony: Beach in Duck

Reception: The Currituck Club

Colors: Purple with a little orange!

Photographer: Outer Banks Productions

Flowers: DIY

Cake: Atlantic Cake Company

Music: a friend 

Officiant: Rev. Jay Bowman

Hair/Make-up: My hairdresser from Virginia Beach

Transportation: The Currituck Club

• Options
    Shelley--love the proposal story with the kitten and especially the cold cream all over your face!  Too funny :)  September is such a gorgeous time of year on the onx....I was a Sept bride myself :)  I know there are a few posts, either on page 1 or 2, that talk about having someone come to your house for hair & make-up.

AC:  How sweet to get married on your mothers birthday!!  It will definitely be a very special day for you both.  I love purple & orange together, such great contrast!  I also used OBX Productions and it was great to work with Michelle & Doug.  Just make sure you have a very detailed list of pics you want and with whom ;)   The time will fly by before you know it, so having the list ahead of time will make it much smoother for everyone.

• Options
    Bride/Groom (first name only):   Emily and James
    Wedding Date: 5/19/13
    Ceremony: Beach by rental house (Duck)
    Reception: Deck of rental house 
    Colors: Purple and grey (with a little bit of bright green)
    Photographer: Outer Banks Productions
    Flowers: Sugar Snaps Events
    Cake: Carolina Cupcakery
    Music: Ipod
    Officiant: Jay Bowman
    Hair/Make-up:Sanderling
    Caterer: Kelly's
    Rehearsal Dinner: We're hosting taco night at the rental house.  More of a welcome dinner than rehearsal as we're just having my kids (daughter age 9 and son age 6 for the bridal party)

• Options
    Congrats to all our new brides! Shelley I love your proposal story! How cute! Emily, I love that your welcome dinner will be taco night. Sounds so yummy!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bride/Groom (first name only): Brianne & Bryan

Proposal:  A sunset sail on a private boat in the Sound. (Manteo)

Wedding Date:  April 13, 2013

Ceremony: Village Beach Club

Reception: Village Beach Club

Colors: Grey and yellow

Photographer: Friend

Flowers:  The Embellishers

Cake: Atlantic Cake Co.

Music: Local DJ in my hometown.

Officiant:  Rev. Jay Bowman

Hair/Make-up: It's Royalty Salon

Rehearsal Dinner: Catered BBQ from Pigman's at a rental home.

Transportation: N/A
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bride/Groom (first name only): Anna & Warren

Proposal:  He drew a picture (to go a long with a series of pictures we've been gathering for years) and asked me in the picture. On a lazy, unexpected Sunday.

Wedding Date:  September 7, 2013

Ceremony: Beach in Nag's Head

Reception: 108 Budleigh

Colors: Navy/Green

Photographer: Dana Jo Photography

Flowers:  Sugar Snaps

Cake: undecided. May not do cake. Trialing desserts with Ortegaz this weekend.

Music: DJ Bruce

Officiant:  friend

Hair/Make-up: undecided

Rehearsal Dinner: Most likely Stripers

• Options

Bride/Groom (first name only): Erika & Peter

Proposal: He asked me while on a boat ride in Lake George :)  He made me a photo album of pictures from our relationship and then he popped the question soon after :)

Wedding Date: July 23, 2013

Ceremony: Soundfront at the Currituck Club

Reception: The Currituck Club

Colors: Teal & Pink

Photographer: Genevieve Stewart

Flowers: Renee Landry

Cake: Carolina Cupcakery (We are having a 6 inch cake on top and mini cupcakes)

Music: John Harper

Officiant: Dave Keller

Hair/Make-up: Bombshells

Rehearsal Dinner: Pamlico Jacks

Transportation: OBX Trolley and Sandy Beach Tours - Since we are all staying in the Nags head area and the Currituck Club is so far we wouldn't have enough time to just use one form of transportation :(
  • Options
    I haven't completed my wedding plans yet, but here's what I have:
    The Proposal: I'm an over 50 bride and Jimmy and I have been together for 12 years. It wasn't a very romantic proposal, but funny nonetheless. We were in our recliners watching The Big Bang Theory one night, and he brought up the fact we'd been together 12 years. My answer was basically "Yep, it's been a while". Then he said "maybe we ought to think about getting married". Not taking him seriously I told him "yeah, I think we really should". Then he said "will you take care of the wedding plans?" I answered "yeah, sure if you're actually serious" and that was it! So much for romance! However whenever I watch the Big Bang Theory I think of that!

Wedding Date: July 2nd, 2013 
    It's my dad's birthday but his health is poor and most likely he will not be able to go. However my florist Holiday House Weddings in Wanchese is making a pin for him out of shells that I can bring home to him.

Ceremony: On the beach at the Sea Foam Motel
    I've been going to theOBX since 1974 and I love the old retro places of my childhood. So the Sea Foam was a natural.

Reception: Also on the beach at the Sea Foam weather permittiing. My plans are for a steel drum concert on sand (instead of a concert on the grass!)

Colors: Blues, aquas, and white

Photographer: Ginger Snaps Photography

Flowers: Holiday House Weddings

Cake: Just Desserts OBX

Officiant: Rev. Shirley Anne

Hair/ Makeup: Hairoics

Catering: Don't know yet

• Options
    Burtonbaby145Burtonbaby145 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Bride/Groom (first name only): Brittany & Anthony

Proposal:

Anthony and I were on vacation in Costa Rica with his family, staying at a beautiful private villa.

The second to last night of the trip we got ready to go to a nice dinner and once we were ready Anthony and I went down to the beach to watch the sunset, since I had never seen it set over the ocean (east coaster Smile) . His family showed up to the beach and we had a waiter taking some group photos, and all the sudden from behind another waiter walked up carrying a silver platter.

On the platter was a shell Anthony and I had found snorkeling a few days before and a flower on it. At first I was pretty confused as I watched him walk up and had no idea what was going on, but then Anthony went and took the shell with the flower and got down on one knee- of course I said yes!

Anthony’s mom was in on the plan and fortunately had the camera snapping away and captured the moment! His dad and brothers were just as clueless as I was but when they picked up on it, they started snapping away too!

Wedding Date: Aug. 3

Ceremony: Beach by the Kitty Hawk Pier

Reception: Kitty Hawk Pier

Colors:Aqua blue and green w/ coral accents

Photographer: Matt Lusk

Flowers: Shirley w/ Sugar Snaps

Cake: Atlantic Cake

Music: My cousin is doing the ceremony music, still looking for reception music

Officiant:

Hair/Make-up:FMIL owns a hair salon and is bringing some of her best friends who are staff members!

Rehearsal Dinner: Pamlico Jacks

Transportation:n/a
    Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary. ? J.M. Barrie
  • Options
    Welcome! I love the proposal stories.....tv shoes and all ;) Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help out! The board no longer sorts by most recent post (dirty dirty trick on behalf of TK), so always feel free to create a new one so we can be sure to catch it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards